A Pair of Tropical Chic Floating Frame Cards JAI480

by Joanne James29. October 2019 19:00

We are still on half term here so I have been spending time with the James Juniors this week and am resting my shoulder so have not managed much in the way of crafting. I have a quick post for you today to share a card for the current challenge over at Just Add Ink:

The ladies are asking us to 'just add a technique' so I decided to have another go at a Floating Frame Card - or rather, pair of floating frame cards. Here's the first one with contains the inside of the frame:

And here's the second one with the outer floating frame:

Here's the low-down on today's cards:

The floating frame technique is really easy to create with a few basic tools: some 'Press and Seal' food wrap or similar, a framelit - I used my Tropical Chic stamps and co-ordinating dies and Rectangle Stitched Framelits Dies - and lots of dimensionals! You simply stamp and punch/diecut your images, lay them out, cover with Press and Seal, trim to frame size and cut out your central piece, before adhering dimensionals to the back of the diecut pieces and adhering to your chosen card base. Finally you remove the Press and Seal and your floating shapes remain in place.

Add a sentiment and you're done! These cards are quite time-consuming, but they are fun. I'm thinking I might have to have another go with some other supplies to create a festive version  - watch this space!

Here are the visual summaries of the key products used on today's projects for you to pin for easy reference:

Enjoy your evening and I'll be back tomorrow with another project. Until then, happy stampin'!

Jan Clothier
Jan ClothierNew Zealand
10/30/2019 1:37:43 AM #

What a pretty pair. I really regret not getting this set when it first came out! Love the colours you've chosen. To date, my attempts at this technique are not fit to share so I really appreciate the skill that's gone into these. Hope your shoulder is on the improve.

Nicole Spencer
Nicole SpencerAustralia
10/30/2019 9:58:54 PM #

I love these Joanne! This technique is such a great effect and combined with Tropical Chic, you've created two lovely projects. Thanks for sharing at Just Add Ink.

Joanne Stubbings
Joanne StubbingsAustralia
10/30/2019 11:20:45 PM #

I still really want to try this technique, I love the effect of all the popped up shapes and colours it gives. Two really beautiful cards. Thanks for joining in with our challenge this week at Just Add Ink!

Di
DiAustralia
10/30/2019 11:20:55 PM #

Oh wow I just love this, Joanne. The colours & the element placement look fab. I must be the last person to try the floating technique so thanks for the reminder and for using it in our JAI technique challenge.
Di Smile

10/31/2019 1:18:45 AM #

This is so cool...and I still haven't tried it yet!  I think I am squeamish when it comes to using all those dimensionals, LOL!  But these are beautiful!

Autumn Winter Catalogue

Current September hostess code:

TSEGA7FU

The Stampin' Cut And Emboss Machine (standard size) Is Here!

Crafting has never looked this good! Contact me to get yours today.

Paper Pumpkin Is Here!