Country Home Thankful Cards for PP462

by Joanne James6. October 2019 09:00

Today it's Sunday and time for this week's new challenge over at The Paper Players! It's my turn to host this week and I have a seasonal theme challenge for you to work with:

At this time of year our thoughts often turn to giving thanks so I thought this would be a good theme for this week. I created not one but two cards this week, both using the colour combination over at TGIF Challenges. The first one uses this week's Fusion sketch (sketch only). I wanted to use the Country Home set for my cards today; it's one of my favourite sets for autumn thank you cards. For my first card I paired my milk churn of autumn foliage with some of the gorgeous patterned papers from the Woven Threads suite, along with some Grapefruit Grove coloured ribbon and pearls:

I tweaked my sentiment by replacing the stamped word 'happy' with a diecut from the Word Wishes Framelits set for added emphasis and finished my sentiment on the inside of my card:

My second card for Just Add Ink uses one of the other sentiments and foliage arrangements from the same set, this time with a piece of linen effect designer series paper from the Pressed Petals Specialty DSP that I embossed with my Tin Tile Embossing Folder for added texture:

You can see it more closely here, along with the detail on my cotton balls:

In Europe, due to ongoing customs issues we have been unable to obtain the Snowfall Accents Puff Paint on page 19 of the Autumn-Winter catalogue since the catalogue launch, which is a shame as it would be perfect to use on these. This week we learned that this product will not arrive before the catalogue end and as such has now been withdrawn from sale. Never fear though - I have a plan! I created exactly the same effect using some Tombo adhesive and white embossing powder using the same technique I used previously for an aeroplane smoke trail. I even made a video - here it is in case you aren't familiar with this technique and would like to see how it's done:

Give it a try and let me know how you get on and what you use it for - I'd love to see your projects!

Here is the visual summary of the key products used on today's projects for you to pin for easy reference:

The Paper Players Design Team
Here's a quick recap of our challenge rules:

1.  Create a new paper project
3.  Please link your card to no more than four challenges, TOTAL.
4.  Have FUN!

Enjoy your day; I am busy with preparations for my upcoming luxury weekend crafting retreat so I will hopefully be spending some time in my craft room ticking a few more jobs off my list, in between the usual weekend homework and a birthday party run for one of the James Juniors tomorrow afternoon. I'll be back soon with another project. Until then, happy stampin'!

Jan Clothier
Jan ClothierNew Zealand
10/6/2019 6:16:38 PM #

Both are beautiful cards. Love the colours! Great tip about using the glue and embossing powder for dimension in this way. You're always an inspiration!

Vicky
VickyUnited Kingdom
10/6/2019 8:05:44 PM #

Absolutely beautiful cards Joanne! I love the effect you've got with the designer paper on the second card and those jugs of plants are just gorgeous.
I have no idea where you get your energy from! Planning a luxury retreat, a birthday party, all the usual family chores... I can feel a nap coming on! x

Wanda Cullen
Wanda CullenUnited States
10/6/2019 11:55:52 PM #

I really love this color combo for fall cards! I never think to incorporate blue with fall but really love it!

Tami Hewlett
Tami HewlettUnited States
10/7/2019 11:55:24 AM #

I love how you placed the ribbon behind your bouquets and added the colored pearls!!!  Both your cards are absolutely gorgeous.  Thanks for joining TGIF Challenges this week.

Karen Henderson
Karen HendersonUnited Kingdom
10/7/2019 7:16:14 PM #

Joanne, your cards are adorable. My stamp set has been sitting unused on the shelf for far too long. You have inspired me to start creating with it!

Barbara Ghigliotty
Barbara GhigliottyUnited States
10/7/2019 8:05:34 PM #

Two really beautiful cards, Joanne! I love your color palette and how you added ribbon/twine behind the focal point...your first card is a lovely take on the sketch! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Fusion!

Laurie
LaurieUnited States
10/7/2019 11:42:21 PM #

Awesome card set! i LOVE the colors and pretty blooms!!!

Jan M
Jan MAustralia
10/9/2019 10:34:07 AM #

Both of these cards are lovely Joanne! Such a gorgeous colour palate...I really love the simple design of your second card and how your embossed DSP looks so soft and subtle allowing the jug and foliage to really pop. Thanks for sharing with us at Just Add Ink this week.

Ann Schach
Ann SchachUnited States
10/9/2019 3:06:04 PM #

Beautiful, beautiful cards, Joanne! I LOVE the ribbon placement and the pearls. There are so many wonderful details. What a delight for the eye!

10/9/2019 10:01:04 PM #

Joanne, these cards are gorgeous!  I love the color combo, the milk can and the beautiful foliage!   The cotton is fabulous!  I really love how you embossed the DSP, too!  So much to comment on!  Great idea on how to create the snow effect, too!  You are so clever!  Have a great rest of the week, My Friend.  I love this challenge!  XX

Windy Ellard
Windy EllardUnited States
10/10/2019 1:13:47 AM #

Perfect snipping on both cards and love your coloring!

Claire Grantham
Claire GranthamUnited States
10/10/2019 3:21:55 PM #

Joanne, I love both of your cards, the colours are wonderful and I love the bursts of foliage from the milk can. Claire x

Su Mohr
Su MohrUnited States
10/10/2019 6:19:21 PM #

Both cards are gorgeous, Joanne! You really rocked this Country Home Stamp Set!

jaydee
jaydeeUnited States
10/11/2019 6:14:50 PM #

Joanne, I love this mixture of colors and your flowers are beautifully colored.  I also love the background.  Gorgeous card.  Hope you had a great week
hugs
jaydee

Anne Marie Hile
Anne Marie HileUnited States
10/12/2019 2:49:11 AM #

Two gorgeous cards to showcase this wonderful stamp set! I just love the DSP you used on both cards to create the perfect backdrop. Just wow! Thanks for a fun challenge this week! Hugs!

Christmastime Is Here - an exclusive collection of fabulous festive florals that will be available will supplies last from November 1st!

Current November hostess code: