Seasonal Leaves And Autumn Plaid For PP458

by Joanne James8. September 2019 09:00

Today it's Sunday and time for this week's new challenge over at The Paper Players! It's the turn of the fabulous Ann to host this week and she has a rather seasonal colour challenge for you to work with:

It has turned unseasonably cold here in the UK this week and the falling temperatures, combined with Ann's warm colour palette immediately turned my thoughts to Autumn leaves and warm and cozy check blankets, both of which inspired my card today - take a look:

Autumn Plaid - I chose Crumb Cake as my neutral of choice (I didn't count the Very Vanilla since I took white or vanilla as a given!) and used it as the base to create a cosy strip of plaid to tie together the main colours on my card. I used the plaid stamp from the new 'Tiny Keepsakes' stamp set for my plaid; I could have used the 'Buffalo Check' background stamp but the plaid stamp in the 'Tiny keepsakes' set has a smaller check that worked better for my design. I stamped it in Merry Merlot, then added plaid lines with my Cajun Craze and Pretty Peacock Stampin' Write markers.

Seasonal Skeletal Leaves - For the focal decoration of my card, I cut three skeleton leaves using the Seasonal Layers Framelits in each of the main challenge colours, and tucked them in loosely behind my sentiment and swirl of burlap on a stitched rectangle of Very Vanilla. This die set is another perennial favourite of mine and I'm so glad it stayed in the annual catalogue this year - these framelits, along with the co-ordinating 'Colourful Seasons' stamp set, has served me well and I have used both many times, for all sorts of projects.

Harvest Thanks - I took one of my favourite sentiments for this type of card, from the'Painted Harvest' stamp set, stamped it in Merry Merlot onto Very Vanilla and added this to a banner cut using the Lakeside Framelits, along with a couple of Pretty Peacock faceted dots to anchor it to my finished card.

The Paper Players Design Team
Here's a quick recap of our challenge rules:

1.  Create a new paper project
3.  Please link your card to no more than four challenges, TOTAL.
4.  Have FUN!

Enjoy your day; I have no big plans today and am looking forward to continuing to enjoy my birthday weekend! I'll be back tomorrow with another project. Until then, happy stampin'!

Anne Marie Hile
Anne Marie HileUnited States
9/8/2019 5:05:09 PM #

Joanne, I am incredibly jealous of your cooler weather in the UK. Can I please come for a visit? It is still in the triple digits here it feels like it will never end. Your card is absolutely gorgeous. Even before I read your post, all that came to mind was a big cozy blanket and the changing colors of the leaves. I just love that added pop of texture from the burlap trim, too. Just beautiful! Have a wonderful day! Hugs!

Wanda Cullen
Wanda CullenUnited States
9/8/2019 5:42:15 PM #

Wow, I really love your trio of leaves in these colors! Gorgeous!

brent scheffer
brent schefferUnited States
9/8/2019 9:10:06 PM #

The plaid and the leaves are awe over the BG.  Superb!

Su Mohr
Su MohrUnited States
9/9/2019 3:41:40 PM #

Your leaves are gorgeous in these colors, and so perfect with the plaid. And, I love how you used the Burlap Ribbon!

jaydee
jaydeeUnited States
9/9/2019 4:23:01 PM #

Joanne, the leaves with the plaid are just perfect for these colors.  The remind me of fall days, all it needs is a warm drink Smile  Fabulous card, my friend.  Hope you have a wonderful week
hugs
jaydee

9/9/2019 8:03:22 PM #

FABulous way to use that sentiment and dies...I just used these on my stamp club project today!  They are so versatile and I haven't used them enough!  I love that you created your own plaid, too...so clever!  It was cooler here over the weekend, but summer is still on....hot and humid this week!  No pumpkin spice latte for me!

Laurie
LaurieUnited States
9/10/2019 7:46:52 PM #

I love fall cards and plaid!!! Love the deep rich tones..so pretty!

Ann Schach
Ann SchachUnited States
9/10/2019 10:09:08 PM #

Wow! The plaid paper you created is fabulous, Joanne! I love how it looks with the leaves. This is one stunning fall card. You rocked my color combination for sure!

Windy Ellard
Windy EllardUnited States
9/11/2019 12:43:44 AM #

These are still my favorite leaf dies and I am crazy for plaid so this makes an fab card for fall! Perfect layout and touches of texture, too!

9/11/2019 6:07:08 PM #

Cooler temps sounds refreshing to me!  High 90's all week in Atlanta.  UGGGG
Your card screams Autumn and I do love leaves--except all the ones I have been digging out of the pool!  LOL!  The plaid background is a perfect way to showcase these beauties!  The burlap adds a rustic feel to your card, too!  Stay warm, My Friend!

Buy 3 Get 1 Free on selected Designer Series Paper between 4th-30th September! Click here for more details.

Current September hostess code: