Bloom and Grow Clean and Simple One Layer Birthday Card

by Joanne James29. August 2019 14:00

Today I'm sharing a card for the current challenge over at Fusion where both the sketch and inspiration photo got my creative juices flowing this week, so much so that I made two cards! Today I'm sharing a clean and simple one layer card inspired by the photo that is also perfect for the current challenge over at Addicted to CAS and I will be back with a stepped up card that uses the sketch too tomorrow.

My card also fits the bill over at SUO Challenges and this month's Stampin' Up! #SimpleStamping challenge since it is a simple combination of stamps, ink and paper to make a birthday card - take a look:

This card really was super simple to make: I positioned my sentiment and stamped it in Memento Black ink onto extra thick whisper white cardstock, then took one of the boughs of flowers from the 'Bloom and Grow' stamp set and stamped it both above and below if along the fold of the card, stamping off the edge to add interest. I coloured them with my Stampin' Blends and added a graduated aqua border to make the flowers stand out and mimic the colour of the inspiration photo.

Enjoy your day and I'll be back tomorrow with another project. Until then, happy stampin'!

Jan Clothier
Jan ClothierNew Zealand
8/29/2019 9:05:55 PM #

Gorgeous! The Pool Party outlining really takes a great card up another level! I love this design!

Fiona Whitehead
Fiona WhiteheadUnited Kingdom
8/30/2019 11:04:56 AM #

Pretty card - I love that extra touch of blue around the flowers - a great idea - thanks for joining us at SU Only challenge this week.  Fiona, DT

Barbara Ghigliotty
Barbara GhigliottyUnited States
8/31/2019 3:08:08 PM #

Gorgeous one layer card design and lovely take on the sketch, Joanne! I love how you outlined the flowers and your stamped envelope is such a beautiful touch! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Addicted to CAS and Fusion!

Christy Stanford
Christy StanfordUnited States
9/3/2019 11:56:12 AM #

I love this, it's simply gorgeous!  I love that inspiration pic from Fusion but unfortunately I ran out of time to participate in the challenge.  Great job coloring in your blooms.  Thanks for playing along with us at SUO Challenges, we hope you'll check out the new challenge starting today!

Cindy B Designs
Cindy B DesignsUnited States
9/11/2019 4:51:17 PM #

Fantastic blending work on this beautiful card Joanne! Thank you so much for joining us at SUO Challenges. Apologies for the late comment and we hope that you join us for the color challenge this week!

Christmastime Is Here - an exclusive collection of fabulous festive florals that will be available will supplies last from November 1st!

Current November hostess code: