His and Hers Over the Moon Birthday Cards for PP455

by Joanne James18. August 2019 09:00

Today it's Sunday and time for this week's new challenge over at The Paper Players! It's my turn to host this week and it's c'lean and simple' week, with the added theme of 'cards for kids'. Your cards can be for any occasion - birthday, back to school, encouragement, congratulations, get well soon - but they must be aimed at children and they must be in a 'clean and simple' style. What do we mean by 'clean and simple'? We would like you to create a card that has:

• Minimal layers and embellishments
  • Plenty of open space, also known as 'white space'
  • Is simple and uncluttered

I had so many ways I could go with this as I make lots of cards for both of the James Juniors and their friends, but I just couldn't resist creating with those cute cows from the 'Over The Moon' set - take a look:

A Sketch Confession - Having had little time for crafting or blogging this past couple of weeks (the curse of the long school summer holiday!), I was disappointed to not get a card made for last week's challenge over at Freshly Made Sketches where they are celebrating their 400th anniversary - way to go ladies!! I was therefore delighted to see their super simple sketch this week that would be perfect for me to use for my clean and simple Paper Players card so that I could celebrate along with the FMS team for week 2 of the celebrations. With my card made, imagine my surprise when I then caught up with my blog reading yesterday and saw that the sketch for another of my favourite challenges, As You See It, is very similar - a horizontal mirror image - and the placement of my cow and sentiment matches the sketch exactly! In an ideal world, I'd have made another card for FMS, but I have house guests this weekend and that is not going to happen so instead I am linking to both and will aim to make another for AYSI that is exactly as is (it's in my head already, I just need the time to get into my craft room - don't you hate it when that happens?!)

Party Til The Cows Come Home - I had to use this fun cow from the 'Over The Moon' set for my card today. This set is comical, so works well for young and old alike and whilst this cow could be dreaming, without his dream bubble I also think he looks like he's enjoyed a night out on the town - a real party animal! I stamped him in Memento Black, coloured him with my Blends and then fussy cut him and popped him up on dimensionals balanced on the horizontal line of the sketch, which grounds him perfectly.

His And Hers Colours - Since my cow is black and white, I needed to introduce some colour and decided to use my favourite in-color gingham DSP. I made one in Rococco Rose and liked it so much I made a second one in Pretty Peacock - a his and hers colour combo! Here's my second card:

Here they are together - which one do you prefer? They were both easy to create and came together in no time, with just a few key supplies; another clean and simple #SimpleStamping too!

Finally, here is the visual summary of the key products used on today's project for you to pin for easy reference:

The Paper Players Design Team
Here's a quick recap of our challenge rules:

1.  Create a new paper project
3.  Please link your card to no more than four challenges, TOTAL.
4.  Have FUN!

Enjoy your day; I have house guests for the weekend so am on entertainment duty. It is the balloon festival here in Northampton this weekend, so we may go along to watch the balloons later and maybe even chase a few. All being well I'll be back tomorrow with another project. Until then, happy stampin'!

8/18/2019 1:41:48 PM #

These are super cute!!  This set always cracks me up, how can you not love those cows and the looks on their faces!  Great way to use the sketches, too!

Ann Schach
Ann SchachUnited States
8/18/2019 7:42:25 PM #

What cute cards, Joanne!  I love that you have created pink and blue versions. This cow just cracks me up. What a great sketch, too!

Jan Clothier
Jan ClothierNew Zealand
8/18/2019 8:49:32 PM #

I'm excited to see if you come up with your something else or not! Since it's already designed, maybe you could pretend it's another speed challenge? Smile I'd dismissed this set but each time you use it so wonderfully, I feel it moving onto - and up - my wish list.

Wanda Cullen
Wanda CullenUnited States
8/18/2019 9:23:54 PM #

Your duo of cow creations are so udderly cute! Yeah...I love puns and I HAD to do it - lol!

Jacquie
JacquieUnited States
8/19/2019 10:12:20 AM #

Great, fun design! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Laurie
LaurieUnited States
8/19/2019 8:48:35 PM #

Fun set of kids cards...such a cute image and pun! I love the gingham too.

Vicky
VickyUnited Kingdom
8/19/2019 9:25:33 PM #

Both are fab Joanne - and I love how that cow has been totally over-doing it! Thanks for the great PP challenge Smile

Su Mohr
Su MohrUnited States
8/22/2019 3:03:11 PM #

Joanne,
Your cow is so cute atop the gingham! This is such a great design for a CAS card, and a perfect "time-saver!"

Windy Ellard
Windy EllardUnited States
8/22/2019 6:23:33 PM #

This adorable cow looks like I feel right now..exhausted! However, I have not been partying but wish that was the reason!  I really like it with the gingham and in both colors, too!

8/23/2019 12:20:07 AM #

Oh my word, how FUN are these cards?  I love the little partied "out" cow and that puny sentiment!  Sure to bring a big smile to the recipients!  The gingham is just perfect, too!  I love this idea.  I always need a kids card in my stash.  Have a great weekend, My Friend!  XX

jaydee
jaydeeUnited States
8/23/2019 1:34:16 PM #

Joanne, this was such a great challenge and I am in love with your party cow cards!  The gingham is just perfect and never ceases to remind me of my old school summer uniforms.  we could wear blue and white or yellow and white.  thanks for taking me down memory lane Smile

The touches of blog on the mat and horizontal layer really help to bring the eye back to your fabulous cows.  Great cards
hugs
jaydee

Anne Marie Hile
Anne Marie HileUnited States
8/24/2019 8:13:39 PM #

Joanne, these are darling! Those cows just make me smile with their "punny" sentiments. Perfect with the gingham DSP. Fun challenge this week and thanks for forgiving my wee oversite on the CAS part. Big hugs!

Heather Cooper
Heather CooperCanada
8/26/2019 10:10:08 PM #

This is so cute, with the cow doing the splits on the the split in the DSP! Perfect for our Split Decision Challenge, Joanne!  Thanks for joining us at As You See It Challenges!

Christmastime Is Here - an exclusive collection of fabulous festive florals that will be available will supplies last from November 1st!

Current November hostess code: