Happy Birthday Grandpa #SimpleStamping With On To Adventure PP451

by Joanne James21. July 2019 09:00

Today it's Sunday and time for this week's new challenge over at The Paper Players! It's the turn of the fabulous Ann to host this week and she has a CAS challenge for you to work with:

Remember: this is clean and simple week. What do we mean by 'clean and simple' ? Create a card that has:

• Minimal layers and embellishments
  • Plenty of open space, also known as 'white space'
  • Is simple and uncluttered

There were lots of great options to choose from this week and in the end I decided to use this week's CAS(E) This Sketch layout and the fun golfer in the new 'On To Adventure' set - take a look:

On To Adventure - As soon as I saw this set in the catalogue, I knew I would have to have it! My Dad is a keen golfer and so I knew this image would give me a lot of mileage. Many of the sentiments in this set are along the theme of retirement (which is also good for me, as I didn't have any retirement sets up to this point) but the images can easily be combined with other sentiments to be used in tons of different ways. I stamped my golfer above my hole-in-one sentiment then brayered in some Granny Apple Green grass to ground him before colouring him with my Stampin' Blends.

In Color Argyle - This card would look fine as a one layer card, however the sketch calls for some vertical stripes and since this month's #SimpleStamping challenge from stamping up is to use stamps, ink and paper along with some designer series paper on your card, I decided that this argyle pattern in the new DSP stack would work perfectly with my golfer - my Dad certainly has many golf sweaters with this pattern!

A Ribbon of Birthdays -  It's my Dad's birthday next month so I thought this would make a perfect 'Happy Birthday Grandpa' card from one of the James Juniors. With this in mind, I overlaid a 'ribbon' of happy birthday sentiments, courtesy of the 'Itty Bitty Birthdays' set and stamped repeatedly on a narrow strip of white cardstock, along my DSP border.

The Paper Players Design Team
Here's a quick recap of our challenge rules:

1.  Create a new paper project
3.  Please link your card to no more than four challenges, TOTAL.
4.  Have FUN!

Enjoy your day; we are on a belated spring-clean at home so will be spending a little time doing some more sorting out today. We have a movie to watch and hopefully I'll squeeze in a little crafty time too. I'll be back tomorrow with another project. Until then, happy stampin'!

7/21/2019 1:22:13 PM #

I had to laugh when I saw your card...yep, same sketch, same DSP, totally different feel!  We have NO golfers in our family....well, Wayne tries a little bit....so it was fun to see this little duffer!  I love how you sponged the grass as well as the wonderful strip of "birthdays"!!

Joanne JamesUnited Kingdom
7/21/2019 8:25:02 PM #

Yes both inspired by the same things yet in totally different ways this week! This little chap looks spookily like my Dad (although he doesn't have a moustache!)  - I can see me getting lots of use out of him and I actually like the other images in the set too.

Jan Clothier
Jan ClothierNew Zealand
7/21/2019 9:22:35 PM #

It's confirmed.... you're a genius! I saw that stamp set and totally dismissed it, all the while wishing for a golf set to satisfy the rabid golfers in the family. This is superb!

Laurie
LaurieUnited States
7/21/2019 10:41:24 PM #

What a great card for golfers! I love that fun image!

Colleen Begley
Colleen BegleyUnited States
7/22/2019 1:33:50 AM #

Super fun, Joanne! That image cracks me up.

Vicky
VickyUnited Kingdom
7/22/2019 10:07:10 AM #

What beautiful brayering Joanne! You've created a lush green for that cute little golfer to play on and the argyle paper is the perfect touch Smile

Anne Marie Hile
Anne Marie HileUnited States
7/26/2019 8:20:33 PM #

This is darling, Joanne! Love the brayering and the repeated birthday sentiment looks great. You hit a hole in one with this one, for sure!

Ann Schach
Ann SchachUnited States
7/27/2019 11:44:29 PM #

Oh, Joanne! This has to be one of the cutest masculine cards ever! This stamp set was not on my list, but this card has changed my mind. This image and the argyle paper are the perfect pairing! Thank you for making my clean and simple masculine challenge shine!

7/30/2019 6:01:31 PM #

Oh my, I love this card!  The argyle panel is perfect and the that little golfer is so dapper!  Such a perfect masculine card to have in your stash.  You rocked this challenge!  XX

Redeem your Bonus Days coupons during the month of August! Click here to shop online to redeem yours

Extra Extra