Farewell May Flowers Brights Birthday Card FMS389

by Joanne James27. May 2019 08:00

Happy Bank Holiday Monday to everyone in the UK and to those celebrating memorial Day in the US I hope your day is a reflective one. Today I'm sharing a card using this week's colour palette over at CAS Colours and Sketches and the sketch over at Freshly Made Sketches:

I love this bright colour palette and combined it with an almost no-stamping card to say farewell to a favourite die set from the retiring annual catalogue - take a look:

Farewell May Flowers - The lovely Narelle who designed this week's FMS sketch is famed for her fabulous flowers (check out her card this week and you will see what I mean - gorgeous!) so there was only one way for me to go this week. My single diecut dahlia along with a pair of leaves from the retiring May Flowers Framelits Dies really allows these bright colours to shine.

A Simple Sentiment - Another retiring set, Thoughtful Banners, gave me my simple sentiment, that I heat embossed in white onto Basic Black cardstock so that it would stand out.

A Trio of Glimmer - To finish my card, I added a simple trio of Coastal Cabana glimmer dots for a little sparkle.

Enjoy your day and I'll be back tomorrow with another project. Until then, happy stampin'!

Jan Clothier
Jan ClothierNew Zealand
5/27/2019 9:32:26 PM #

Simple and sweet... and BRIGHT! Lovely idea for those die cuts.

Fiona
FionaUnited Kingdom
5/27/2019 9:59:28 PM #

Love how to combined the two challenges. The die cut flower and leaves look great in the colours. Thank you for joining us for this week's CC&S challenge.

Patricia H.
Patricia H.United States
5/27/2019 10:14:27 PM #

I really like the outline look of the die cut flower and leaves!  Thanks for sharing your card at CC&S! Smile

Amy O'Neill
Amy O'NeillUnited States
5/27/2019 10:50:02 PM #

A lovely clean and simple card that doesn't look so simple because of the gorgeous detail of these dies.  Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

karen h
karen hUnited States
5/29/2019 3:07:21 PM #

Fun card! Love the blue as leaves! Thanks for playing along with us at CC&S!

Current June hostess code:

TBSAWQXE

Stampin' Storage

Stampin' Up! has introduced a new line of modular storage - read all about it here.