Mediterranean Moments Cafe Note Card

by Joanne James6. April 2019 21:00

I've had a busy week that's kept me away from my blog but I have managed to get lots made over the past couple of days so I should be better prepared this week! Today I'm sharing a card for the current challenge over at Just Add Ink that also uses the sketch layout at The Paper Craft Crew:

Paper Craft Crew Sketch Challenge PCC332

I missed playing with the ladies over at Just Add Ink last week as I just didn't manage to get my card finished and blogged (one for another time!) but as soon as I saw their inspiration photo this week I knew exactly which set I was going to use. Here's my card:

Mediterranean Moments is a stamp set that I've used many times, but not recently so it was a good opportunity to dust off this favourite from the annual catalogue and get to work. The photo reminded me of the cafe scene so this formed the basis of my main focal point, stamped on white and coloured with my Stampin' Blends. I used the PPC sketch to push me to consider a different layout to any I've used previously with this set. I did some tone-on-tone stamping using one of the other stamps in the set and embossed the main panel with a brick pattern for added texture and interest, and added a few wooden leaf embellishments from my box. I added a sentiment from Itty Bitty Greetings to finish my 'just because' note card.

Enjoy your evening and I'll be back tomorrow with another project. Until then, happy stampin'!

Nicole Spencer
Nicole SpencerAustralia
4/9/2019 11:57:06 PM #

Beautiful Joanne! You have chosen the perfect images to create your scene...Lovely! Thanks for sharing at Just Add Ink.

Rachael Lewsley
Rachael LewsleyAustralia
4/10/2019 5:15:52 AM #

I just love your sweet interpretation of the inspiration pic Joanne! Thank you for sharing with us at Just Add Ink x

Kelly Kent
Kelly KentAustralia
4/10/2019 3:11:21 PM #

Ah-May-Zing!!!  Love all the elements of inspiration Joanne.  Thanks for sharing it with us at Just Add Ink.  Kelly x

Jan Clothier
Jan ClothierNew Zealand
4/11/2019 10:33:40 AM #

Fabulous! And a well-deserved win at JAI too!

kimberly skinner
kimberly skinnerUnited States
5/7/2019 11:06:21 PM #

Beautiful scene card!  Thank you for joining the Paper Craft Crew this week.

2019 Spring-Summer Catalogue

Click on the catalogue image to access the 2019 Stampin' Up! Spring-Summer catalogue - if you would like to order any of the items featured, please drop me a line at [email protected] or give me a call on 07773 421446 - I'd be happy to help.

Current May hostess code:

HRBY3JDV

2018-19 Annual Catalogue

Stampin' Storage

Stampin' Up! has introduced a new line of modular storage - read all about it here.