Over The Moon In My Favourite Purple Wellies

by Joanne James1. July 2019 10:00

This is already my second post of the day today as it's 1st July and there is lots going on, including the return of bonus days and a fabulous joining offer - you can read about both of these in my earlier post here. For today's creative post I'm sharing my card for this week's challenges over at As You See It and Just Add Ink that also fits the current challenge over at Time Out, which is a new-to-me challenge that I thought I would play along with too (I don't think it's a CAS challenge although a lot of the DT samples and gallery cards are and for once my card is a little less CAS than usual so I hope it fits the bill!):

So I'm not fully finished with my run on Bird Ballad projects, but I did get out another new stamp set that I just couldn't resist called 'Over The Moon' when I grabbed a little crafty time and couldn't resist making some fun cards with it - these comical cows are just adorable - take a look:

How Now Brown Cow - So I think I am in love with these fun animals! I mean, three comical cows and a bunch of punny sentiments in the 'Over The Moon' stamp set - what's not to love?! I decided to colour mine today with Stampin' Blends, but stamped my outline in stamped-off Sahara Sand so it has an almost no-line look, which I think works nicely with my sweet brown cow. I repeated the same image on my envelope and inside my card too. My choice of browns to compliment the purple was brought about by my desire to use some of that fabby linen-look in-colour scallop edged ribbon and I like the finished look.

Daisy Delights - I continued my browns with a piece of tone-on-tone stamped Crumb Cake for my background, that I stamped randomly with one of the daisy stamps from the Daisy Lane stamp set, which I thought tied in with the flower my cow - let's call her Daisy! - is holding. I like the added detail without detracting from the main image.

The Colour Purple - This whole card started with the colour purple; apart from navy, it is definitely the colour that features most highly in my wardrobe and is without doubt my most favourite colour to wear. I chose to use the new in-colour Purple Posy as the purple on my card today as it gave me the opportunity to break out new Blends, cardstock, in-colour DSP (love that gingham!) and co-ordinating ribbon and sequins too. My choice of the welly-wearing cow was also no accident, as I am even the proud owner of some beautiful purple wellington boots that the James Juniors gifted me for Christmas a few years ago. I couldn't find a photo of me wearing them, so took this quick snap of them next to a couple of my patio pots - check these out:

Aren't they just the best?! They are more Highland Heather than Purple Posy, however I didn't have as many embellishment options for that colour! There is something about gardening or trudging through the snow in purple wellies that is ever so cheery.

Enjoy your day and I'll be back tomorrow with another project - I am organised this week as it's going to be a busy one! Until then, happy stampin'!

Jan Clothier
Jan ClothierNew Zealand
7/1/2019 9:11:12 PM #

Gorgeous! I like so much about this card, from the Crumb Cake on Crumb Cake background to the adorable - and beautifully coloured - boots. Gumboots, we call them here. The way you've coloured the cow, both on the card and the envelope, is magnificent: so much dimension. Having grown up on a dairy farm, I've got a bit of a soft spot for cows, although I've not bought this set. Yet. Thanks for joining in with us again at As You See It challenge.

7/1/2019 11:33:38 PM #

SO cute!  I will have to try doing my little cow in softer hues like this!  And I LOVE the purple wellies!!!

Shona Chambers
Shona ChambersNew Zealand
7/3/2019 12:06:18 AM #

Love the colour of the gumboots, I have bright pink with purple spots and makes me feel more happy about trudging around in the cold mud of Winter. Your cow is so sweet and she's is coloured so beautifully. Love the soft pastel colours and the tone-on-tone background is gorgeous. Its such a pretty card and the sentiment couldn't be more perfect for our challenge too. I'm so very glad you joined us at TIME OUT!

Joanne JamesUnited Kingdom
7/3/2019 8:24:52 AM #

Thanks for your lovely comment Shona - your wellies sound fabulous too! I couldn't agree more - bright boots definitely make for happier days!

Rachael
Rachael Australia
7/3/2019 6:47:27 AM #

What an adorable card! Excellent colour choice and perfect no-line watercolouring. Thankyou for sharing with us at Just Add Ink x

Joanne JamesUnited Kingdom
7/3/2019 8:25:36 AM #

Thanks Rachael - I've missed the last couple of weeks with lots going on, so great to play along again this week!

Chantell Randall
Chantell RandallAustralia
7/3/2019 2:29:59 PM #

Oh wow, beautiful colouring Joanne.  Such a sweet little image.   Hope you are well x x Chantell

Kelly Kent
Kelly KentAustralia
7/4/2019 2:56:45 AM #

Fantastic colouring Joanne!   What a mooootivational card!  Smile Thanks for sharing with us at Just Add Ink!  Kelly x

Jill V
Jill VCanada
7/10/2019 12:16:37 AM #

I love the funny sentiment - so perfect with that adorable image. I really love how you coordinated the tone on tone background with the flower in the cow image. Thanks for playing along with us at Time Out!

Buy 3 Get 1 Free on selected Designer Series Paper between 4th-30th September! Click here for more details.

Current September hostess code: