This Little Piggy Believes Slider Card

by Joanne James14. April 2018 21:30

I managed to get into my craft room yesterday for the first time in over a week and spent a pleasant few hours attempting a few of my favourite challenges and creating some cards to share with you over the next few days. Today I'm sharing a card using this week's sketch from Freshly Made Sketches - the lovely Karren Johnson is hosting and the minute I saw her sketch an idea popped into my head which also fits the bill at CASology  this week:

This is a sketch with so many possibilities (I actually made a few different cards with it!) but I thought it would be perfect to create a fun slider card with a hidden message. Here is my card using one of the sweet little pigs from the 'This Little Piggy' stamp set - take a look:

I used a white cardbase and adhered a panel of Myths and Magic Specialty Designer Series Paper across the lower half, having first cut a channel to accommodate my slider and the first part of my message. I coloured my pig with Stampin' Blends and added a liberal coat of clear Wink of Stella to his wings, then fussy cut him and added him to my pull tab strip. When you pull the tab to the right, the little piggy 'flies' across the card and reveals the second part of the sentiment:

How fun is that?! A clean and simple card to wish someone good luck or congratulations, with a fun surprise element.

Enjoy your day and I'll be back tomorrow with another project for this week's new challenge over at The Paper Players. Until then, happy stampin'!

karen h
karen hUnited States
4/15/2018 2:39:03 AM #

Awesome card! Love how you used the slider to show both bits of the sentiment! Thanks for joining us at CASology!

Kim S
Kim SUnited States
4/15/2018 9:37:02 PM #

Fabulous!  What a fun and creative use of the sketch.  LOVE the stamps and sentiment. Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Jen W.
Jen W.bm
4/16/2018 12:12:33 PM #

Ha ha!  That piggy's face is so cute!  I love this!!  Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

Jacquie
JacquieUnited States
4/16/2018 3:12:22 PM #

This is absolutely adorable! Thanks for sharing with us at CASology this week!

4/18/2018 5:34:17 PM #

Congrats on your win!  This is fabulous!  So fun!  XX

Autumn Winter Catalogue

Current September hostess code:

ZMKAG7P2

The Stampin' Cut And Emboss Machine (standard size) Is Here!

Crafting has never looked this good! Contact me to get yours today.

Paper Pumpkin Is Here!