Sunshine and Rainbows For The Paper Players PP385

by Joanne James18. March 2018 09:00

It's Sunday and time for this week's new challenge over at The Paper Players! It's Nance's turn to host this week and she has a clean and simple challenge for you to work with:

I decided to take Nance's challenge literally and have a clean-and-simple rainbow card to share with you this week - take a look:

Build A Rainbow The Easy Way - Today's card features a fun rainbow made using the Rainbow Builder Framelits Dies - these really do make building a rainbow super quick and easy. I ran all 7 pieces through the Big Shot at the same time and held them together with some washi tape across the back.

Myths and Magic - I don't usually use designer paper on a clean and simple card, but I couldn't resist a background of clouds and sky courtesy of this fun pattern fro the Myths and Magic Specialty DSP Pack. It makes the perfect backdrop for my bright rainbow and layered clouds.

Sunshine and Rainbows -  My card is mostly made up of diecuts and has very little stamping - just the sunshine and the sentiment. I decided to continue the rainbow theme into my sentiment stamp and coloured it with the colours of my rainbow using sponge daubers for a fun variegated effect.

Whilst my card is a little more layered than I usually go with for clean and simple, this card is really straightforward and super quick to put together and I love the pop of bright colour that the rainbow gives. Here is the visual summary of the key products used on today's project for you to pin for easy reference:

The Paper Players Design Team
Here's a quick recap of our challenge rules:

1.  Create a new paper project
3.  Please link your card to no more than four challenges, TOTAL.
4.  Have FUN!

Don't forget the theme is clean and simple this week - so minimal layers and embellishments and lots of white space. I can't wait to see what you create and look forward to visiting your blogs this week! Enjoy the rest of your weekend as it will be over all too quickly. I'm meeting an old school friend today and we are going on a course to brush up on our Copperplate Calligraphy skills, assuming the snow we are expecting here in the UK (again!) doesn't scupper our plans.

I'll be back tomorrow with another project; until then, happy stampin'!

Jan Clothier
Jan ClothierNew Zealand
18/03/2018 19:58:16 #

Very pretty scene, Joanne. The paper is perfect. I love the way you've rainbowed the sentiment too.

Joanne JamesUnited Kingdom
21/03/2018 10:12:04 #

Thanks Jan - a little less CAS than I would normally do for this challenge, but I couldn't resist. This is one of those cards I've had in my head for ages and just not got around to making!

Laurie
LaurieUnited States
19/03/2018 13:37:09 #

So happy and fun Joanne! I think your sentiment is the star of the card...I LOVE how you did that...SO creative. What a great design.

Joanne JamesUnited Kingdom
21/03/2018 10:11:07 #

Thanks Laurie - the coloured sentiment is my favourite bit too!

Elizabeth Stewart
Elizabeth StewartUnited States
19/03/2018 18:59:18 #

Joanne, both you and Nance, made such perfect rainbows!  Love the embedding of the rainbow into the clouds...such fun!

Joanne JamesUnited Kingdom
21/03/2018 10:12:37 #

Thanks Eliz - rainbows are so happy aren't they and always raise a smile!

Nance Leedy
Nance LeedyUnited States
21/03/2018 01:29:28 #

I'm right there with you...I can't believe how in sync we were with our cards this week, Joanne!  You loved my white background but I love your cloud paper!  I went digging through my stash for paper just like it.  I would have done that too if I found it!  Love the paper, the sweet sun, and most of all the fabulous rainbow treatment you gave to the sentiment--now that is colorfully creative!  Fabulous card, my friend

Joanne JamesUnited Kingdom
21/03/2018 10:10:30 #

How funny - clearly we were sending each other good crafty vibes this week!

21/03/2018 18:47:31 #

This is such a happy and cheerful card!  I love that DSP...perfect!

Annie A.
Annie A.United States
21/03/2018 21:20:19 #

This card made me smile and wish I was up in those clouds!  Brilliant to ink up the sentiment in a rainbow too!  Hope you're having a great week ~ Hugs, Annie

sandym
sandymUnited States
22/03/2018 13:31:47 #

What a gorgeous scene you've created with your rainbow, Joanne! Your cloudy paper is perfect, and I love the rainbow sentiment!

22/03/2018 18:19:03 #

That a FUN card, Joanne!  I love the cloud DSP and that gorgeous rainbow!  Your rainbow sentiment is just fabulous!  I hope you are having a fantastic week!  XX

jaydee
jaydeeUnited States
24/03/2018 15:11:40 #

Joanne, you have created a wonderful scene with your clouds and rainbow.  I love that you created a rainbow colored sentiment, too.   Wonderful card
hugs
jaydee

Current September hostess code:

B2SWT94R

2018-19 Annual Catalogue

Click on the catalogue for a full list of current SU! supplies - if you would like to order any of the items featured, please drop me a line at joanne@thecraftyowl.co.uk or give me a call on 07773 421446 - I'd be happy to help.

Ever thought about becoming a Stampin' Up! demonstrator? For £99, you can create your own starter kit worth £130. That's £31 OF FREE PRODUCT! Stampin' Up! has something for everyone: join my growing team and benefit from my support to enjoy Stampin' Up! however you choose.

2018 Autumn Winter Catalogue

Click on the catalogue image to access the 2018 Stampin' Up! Autumn Winter catalogue - if you would like to order any of the items featured, please drop me a line at joanne@thecraftyowl.co.uk or give me a call on 07773 421446 - I'd be happy to help.

Dashing Along DSP Promotion

Fancy a fun night in with friends? Host a party with sales of £200 or more in September and in addition to Stampin' Rewards to spend you will earn a pack of Dashing Along Designer Paper for FREE! Read more here and contact me to book a date!