A Magical Knight and Baby Bear Valentine

by Joanne James5. February 2018 07:00

Happy Monday everyone! I have a couple of love-themed cards to share today for the challenges over at CASology, Just Add Ink and Freshly Made Sketches

The first one is for CASology and Just Add Ink - when I think 'swoon', I immediately think of a knight in shining armour and the romance that goes with it! Here's mine - take a look:

Here's the low-down on the first of today's cards:

A Magical Knight - I just love the Magical Day stamp set: knights, dragons, mermaids, wizards and a unicorn - what's not to love? I simply stamped my knight in Memento Black onto an extra thick white cardstock base and coloured him in with my Stampin' Blends alcohol markers.

An Inset Diecut - To add interest to my design, I decided to frame him with a Real Red heart cut with my Sweet and Sassy Framelits. I cut my heart out first, then cut the aperture of the knight's outline using the framelit of his outline from the Magical Mates Framelits set - I then popped my heart up on dimensionals around my stamped knight.

An Everyday Hero - My sentiment is from the retired stamp set from last year 'Everyday Hero' - perfect for my card! If you don't have this set, you could always recreate the sentiment using the Labeler Alphabet, which would have been my next best 'go to' - no sentiment is out of reach with this one.

My second card today is for Freshly Made Sketches:

I love a good sketch and I decided this one would be perfect to highlight an annual catalogue set I haven't used in ages - take a look:

Here's the low-down on the second of my cards today:

A Baby Bear Valentine - I've only used Baby Bear previously to make new baby cards and whilst I was browsing my catalogue for inspiration remembered he had a sentiment that is perfect for Valentine's Day or simply to send a card full of love too. 'Love you beary much' - both punny and sweet! I stamped my bear in Crumb Cake and Soft Suede for a traditional teddy look.

A Split Sentiment - Whilst my sentiment across the bottom as per the sketch comes from the Baby Bear stamp set, I creatively masked it to omit the word 'Love' as I had other plans for that! I snipped the word 'love' out of the 'lovely' heart diecut in the Lovely Words Thinlits set and mounted it on a Sweet and Sassy red diecut heart for my teddy bear to hold. I'm guessing it could be a cushion or maybe a box of chocolates - here's hoping anyway!

All Heart - With the neutrals of my teddy bear, I wanted some traditional red to add to my 'sending love' card, so I paired my diecut red heart with some retired 'Stacked With Love' retired designer series paper from my stash - only an abundance of red hearts will do! I love this fun colour combination - here it is if you'd like to save it for your future inspiration:

You can see all of my 'How To' summaries on my 'How To - Tips and Techniques' Pinterest board in case you've missed any. I'm also linking this card up for my second entry at SUO Challenges - my background definitely has hearts-a-plenty to fit with their theme this week!

Enjoy your day and I'll be back tomorrow with another project. Until then, happy stampin'!

karen h
karen hUnited States
2/5/2018 2:53:11 PM #

Thanks for joining us at CASology! Your card is wonderful. Love the coloring and the inset die cutting!

Linda Callahan
Linda CallahanUnited States
2/5/2018 10:17:21 PM #

Your Valentines are as sweet as can be!  Glad you shared one ay FMS!

Kymona
Kymona United States
2/6/2018 1:04:33 AM #

Hello Joanne!!  Great cards!  I have to say that I love the second one with the bear.  That stamp set is amazing.  Nicely done.  Thank you for playing along with CASology this week.

Jen Brum
Jen BrumCanada
2/6/2018 2:22:47 AM #

What a sweet card!  I just love that teddy bear!  He's so cute!  Love that background paper too!  One of my favourite sets!!  So perfect for Valentine's Day!  Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Amanda
AmandaUnited Kingdom
2/7/2018 8:54:45 AM #

Love both of these Joanne... nice job!

Kim Badelt
Kim BadeltAustralia
2/7/2018 10:43:39 AM #

I love your idea of swooning with love over the little knight Joanne and he is definitely swoon worthy especially backed by that brilliant red heart! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week.

Chloe Evans
Chloe EvansAustralia
2/8/2018 6:03:23 AM #

Both these card are gorgeous Joanne. I love the idea of cutting the knight out of the heart. But I think my heart lies with the Baby Bear card. Totally my fav! Thank you for joining us this week at JAI - Chlo x

Julie Gearinger
Julie GearingerUnited States
2/11/2018 2:47:09 AM #

Joanne- what a sweet set of cards! Love your teddy bear with the heart- so cute and perfect for our challenge! Thanks for sharing with us at SUO Challenges Smile

Julia Quinn
Julia QuinnAustralia
2/11/2018 3:42:48 AM #

Totally love both of these and the sentiment for the knight  is just wonderful. Such a lovely project for our hearts a plenty challenge. So glad you joined in the fun with SUO challenges.

Connie Babbert
Connie BabbertUnited States
2/11/2018 12:16:44 PM #

Another wonderful Valentine card...love that sweet little bear!  Thanks so much for playing along with the Hearts A Plenty challenge on SUO Challenges this time!

Sale-A-Bration 2021 Is Here!

Sale-A-Bration is here! Choose a FREE product with every £45 or £90 you spend between 5 January-28 February. Click on the image above to view the brochure!

January-June 2021 Mini Catalogue

The new Stampin' Up! January-June 2021 Mini Catalogue is here - click on the image to download your copy!

Current February hostess code:

QJBRZGPT

What's more, if you join between 5 January - 28 February during Sale-A-Bration, you will receive an additional 5 packs of colour designer series paper too - for FREE!

Stampin Cut and Emboss

The Mini Stampin' Cut And Emboss Machine Is Here!

Crafting has never looked this good! Contact me to get yours today. Available from January 5th.