Sale-A-Bration Hey Chick Peek A Boo Card

by Joanne James19. February 2017 22:00

I know technically it's still Sunday, but this is Monday's post as I want to link up to the Stamp Ink Paper challenge which closes late this evening - so I'm early! Here's their colour palette this week:

I'm also linking up with CAS Colours and Sketches as I used their sketch for my card, SUO Challenges who are looking for projects featuring Sale-A-Bration sets and the ladies over at TGIF Challenges where they have a 'birds of a feather' theme that my chickens are perfect for! I thought it was about time I broke out the most popular of all this year's Sale-A-Bration free gifts this year  - take a look:

This is the outside of my card - read on for more details and a fun reveal inside! Here's the low-down on today's card:

Hey, Chick - What's better than a new stamp set? Well, it has to be a new FREE stamp set, right? The comical chicks in the 'Hey, Chick' stamp set are proving the runaway success of this year's Sale-A-Bration promotion and could be yours free too with a purchase of £45 or more. I cropped the two large, feathered birds top and bottom using my Stitched Shape Framelits looking up and down respectively on the little 'egg on legs' and coloured with my Stampin' Write markers.

Peek A Boo - There is another chicken that features in this set, perhaps my most favourite of all - the crazy-haired Polish Frizzle Bantam White. Where's mine? Well, take a look inside my card where all will be revealed:

As the card is opened, the shutters pull back to reveal the funky chicken that I like to think hatched out of that egg - isn't that just the most fun? I like this card so much it's made the cut for my next Sale-A-Bration class - you can see details of my class listings here and I would love you to join me!

Playful Palette - Some Playful Palette designer series paper and some Bermuda Bay stitched satin ribbon complete my card.

I'll be back on Tuesday with another project. Until then, enjoy the start to your week and happy stampin'!

Dena Rekow
Dena RekowUnited States
20/02/2017 01:04:33 #

Oh my gosh, this card is rediculously cute!!!  I love that set and I just can't believe how adorable your card is!!!!  Ok, I can believe it! Smile  Thank you so much for joining us at Stamp Ink Paper this week!

Jane
JaneUnited Kingdom
20/02/2017 10:47:49 #

Fabulous! Love the quirky images and the bold colours. Thanks for playing at CC&S.

Rochelle Blok
Rochelle BlokAustralia
20/02/2017 20:23:07 #

Great card Joanne. Love the bright colours and the chickens down the side of the card look fabulous. The 'peek a boo' element on the inside is a fabulous surprise. Thanks for playing along this week at TGIF Challenges. Rochelle xo

karen h
karen hUnited States
20/02/2017 23:18:32 #

Adorable card! Love the fun interactive bit inside! Thanks for playing along with us at CC&S!

Cathy P
Cathy PUnited States
21/02/2017 01:44:14 #

Oh my goodness, Joanne - this is so clever.  What a piece of engineering!  I love the way you used the Sale-a-bration stamps and your color choices.  Thanks for playing with us at CC&S this week.  Hugs, Cathy

Samantha Johnson
Samantha JohnsonUnited States
21/02/2017 03:52:38 #

What a fun card, thanks for joining us at CC&S.

Patricia Hays
Patricia HaysUnited States
21/02/2017 15:17:15 #

I love the fun fold of your card, revealing the chicken inside!  Plus you've kept it CAS in design!  This delightful card is sure to bring smiles to the person who receives it.  Thanks so much for sharing it with us at CC&S! Smile

Carolynn
CarolynnCanada
22/02/2017 00:03:32 #

OMG! I love this peek-a-boo card! I have never tried this technique, now it's on my list of things to make! I love how you've incorporated the 3 challenges & created one card. It's perfect! Thanks for joining in the fun over at TGIF this week! <3

22/02/2017 13:36:10 #

OMGoodness....not only cute, cute, cute, but clever and fun as well!  I need to check out this little technique myself!  LOVE it!

Elizabeth Price
Elizabeth PriceUnited States
23/02/2017 14:35:15 #

This is so awesome.  I love the surprise inside!   I am glad you joined our inspiration challenge at TGIF.  Smiles, Elizabeth

Julia Quinn
Julia QuinnAustralia
25/02/2017 12:47:16 #

Wow, this is amazing!  Totally fun card, and just perfect for our Sale-a-bration Challenge.  So glad you joined the fun at SUO!

Karen Barber
Karen BarberUnited States
27/02/2017 00:54:59 #

Wow -- this is AWESOME!!!! Thanks for playing along in the SUO challenge!!

Connie Babbert
Connie BabbertUnited States
27/02/2017 01:43:07 #

Oh, this is SO cute!  Love the chicks peeking out of the circles and the gatefold design!  Thanks for playing along with the SUO Challenge this time!

Ever thought about becoming a Stampin' Up! demonstrator? For £99, you can create your own starter kit worth £130. That's £31 OF FREE PRODUCT! Stampin' Up! has something for everyone: join my growing team and benefit from my support to enjoy Stampin' Up! however you choose.

Bonus Days are back! Earned a Bonus Day Coupon in July? Shop with me between 1 and 31 August and take it of your total spend. Find out more here.

Current August hostess code:

3HFYNMYT

2017-18 Annual Catalogue

Click on the catalogue for a full list of current SU! supplies - if you would like to order any of the items featured, please drop me a line at joanne@thecraftyowl.co.uk or give me a call on 07773 421446 - I'd be happy to help.