Wrapped in Warmth Cable Knit Christmas Card

by Joanne James27. November 2016 05:00

It's Sunday and time for a new challenge over at The Paper Players! It's the turn of the talented Sandy to host this week and she has a fun sketch challenge for you to work with:

You all know me well enough by now to know how much I love a good sketch and this one is no exception - so many possibilities! I could have stamped the offset panel or featured a designer series paper; unusually for me though, I decided to showcase an embossing folder. Take a look:

Doesn't that look all warm and cosy and remind you of nights in by the fire?!  Here's the low-down on today's card:

Create An Impression With Cable Knit -  For my central panel I embossed a rectangle of Cherry Cobbler cardstock with the Cable Knit Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder. This is one of Stampin' Up!'s new Dynamic folders, made to create deep, dimensional embossed impressions and it really does - you can almost feel the knitted stitches in that would-be sweater, the grooves are so deep.

Stitched Wrapped in Warmth - I inked my sentiment, from the Wrapped in Warmth stamp set, using Cherry Cobbler, Delightful Dijon and Basic Black Stampin' Write Markers and added a stitched border using the new Stitched Shape Framelit Dies, before adding a little enamel heart embellishment too. I just love the stitched edging, so effective.

Warmth and Cheer Colour Combo - The colour combination for my card came right out of the plaid background paper from the Warmth and Cheer paper stack, with its warm red, mustard yellow and basic black. Feel free to save it if it's a favourite of yours too:

A little ribbon and burlap to finish completes my festive, warm and cosy Christmas card.

The Paper Players Design Team
 Jaydee
Laurie Schmidt
Nance Leedy
Sandy Mathis
Linda Callahan
Hannelie Bester
Colleen Begley

Here's a quick recap of our challenge rules:

1.  Create a new paper project
3.  Please link your card to no more than four challenges, TOTAL.
4.  Have FUN!

I look forward to seeing what you create with Sandy's sketch this week. We are off for our usual Sunday morning of sport, followed by an afternoon of Christmas crafting preparations.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend as it will be over all too quickly; I'll be back soon with another project; until then, happy stampin'!

LeAnne
LeAnneUnited States
11/28/2016 12:09:15 AM #

I love how you did the sentiment on this, as well as the "warm" color combo!  Just so sweet!

11/28/2016 12:14:32 AM #

Joanne, this is fabulous!  I love how you showcased the embossing folder!  The plaid and the sentiment  are perfect for this warm, snuggly sentiment!  GREAT job!  Have a great week, My Friend!  XX

brent scheffer
brent schefferUnited States
11/28/2016 9:08:52 PM #

The knit fabric layer is fabulous.  I like how everything integrates. Superb!   I use your design (mostly the knit) as design inspiration for PP323 card.

Linda Callahan
Linda CallahanUnited States
11/29/2016 3:00:11 AM #

Definitely warm, cozy and oh so perfect for the holidays!

Laurie
LaurieUnited States
11/29/2016 3:03:59 AM #

Your card is so warm ans cozy! I love the plaid along with the burlap and ribbon...awesome! Have a great week!

sandym
sandymUnited States
11/29/2016 2:48:53 PM #

Joanne, this card has so much fabulous texture! Love the cable knit, plaid paper, burlap, all of it! Thanks for making my sketch shine!

Colleen Begley
Colleen BegleyUnited States
11/30/2016 3:05:27 AM #

Yup, just like a really warm sweater, Joanne. Super cute with a warm feel. Love your card!

Autumn Winter Catalogue

Current September hostess code:

ZMKAG7P2

The Stampin' Cut And Emboss Machine (standard size) Is Here!

Crafting has never looked this good! Contact me to get yours today.

Paper Pumpkin Is Here!