Oh What Fun Meets Warmth and Cheer

by Joanne James23. October 2016 09:00

It's Sunday and time for a new challenge over at The Paper Players! It's the turn of the lovely Jaydee to host this week and she has a great sketch for you to work with:

I decided to combine my card with the challenge over at Merry Monday and use some of the lovely plaids featured in the Warmth and Cheer designer series paper stack. I actually made two cards for today's challenge and couldn't decide which one I liked best, so thought I'd share them both! Here's my first card:

Warmth and Cheer - Both of my warm plaids are from the Warmth and Cheer designer series paper pack, which is choc full of great plaid patterns that work for both autumnal and Christmas cards. Here I've combined two of the plaid patterns, each featuring Cherry Cobbler, for my vertical panel and mat.

Oh What Fun - I was prompted to use this sentiment from the 'Oh What Fun' set following a conversation with one of my team members this week. This set is choc-full of great sentiments and having featured in last year's seasonal catalogue this year has made the transition to the annual catalogue. It was perfect for my card today, allowing me to ink up each half with Delightful Dijon and Cherry Cobbler markers on a 1 3/4" punched circle and separated by a fussy cut Cherry Cobbler banner.

Dijon Doily - To finish I added a 2015-17 In-Color Doily in Delightful Dijon behind my circle sentiment. I often forget to use doilies yet I like the added detail it adds to my circle here without being overly fussy, clean and simple person that I am!

Here's the second card that I made - this one has a few less layers and features only one piece of plaid, along with a couple of metallic sequins:

Lastly, here is the visual summary of the key products used on today's project for you to pin for easy reference:

So which one of today's cards do you prefer? Do leave me a comment below with your thoughts - I love reading them!

The Paper Players Design Team
 Jaydee
Laurie Schmidt
Nance Leedy
Sandy Mathis
Linda Callahan
Hannelie Bester
Colleen Begley

Here's a quick recap of our challenge rules:

1.  Create a new paper project
3.  Please link your card to no more than four challenges, TOTAL.
4.  Have FUN!

I look forward to seeing what you create with this week's sketch.

Back tomorrow with another project; until then, happy stampin'!

Linda Callahan
Linda CallahanUnited States
10/23/2016 2:37:36 PM #

I love your mix of plaids with a pop of yellow!  Both cards are lovely.....and perfect for the holidays!

Laurie
LaurieUnited States
10/23/2016 3:42:40 PM #

What a great way to showcase that gorgeous plaid on both cards! I really liked this fun sketch too.Have a great day Joanne!

Colleen Begley
Colleen BegleyUnited States
10/23/2016 4:21:46 PM #

Both are great, Joanne. Isn't it amazing how they look so different but use the same design layout? I like the first one with both plaids, maybe slightly more. I just really like the added colors and contrasts. Super cards!

sandym
sandymUnited States
10/24/2016 12:57:21 AM #

Joanne both of your cards are awesome! I love the colors and the plaid paper, Nice and simple, perfect for mass producing!

Kathy Schweinfurth
Kathy SchweinfurthUnited States
10/24/2016 1:47:55 AM #

Beautiful design!  I love your variations and colors!  Thanks so much for playing with us at Merry Monday Smile

Nance Leedy
Nance LeedyUnited States
10/24/2016 11:40:45 AM #

Both are wonderful!  What fun to see these plaids and I love the red and dijon color combination.  The added pop of the sentiment banner is a great touch.  Now why didn't I get this stamp set??!!

10/25/2016 1:33:50 PM #

How warm and cozy is this sweet creation?  I just always thought those doilies were bigger, but yours looks perfect behind your fun sentiment!  I love how you did it in two colors!  Just delightful!

10/28/2016 12:46:13 AM #

Joanne, I love this plaid and the red and dijon color combo!  A perfect card for this sketch, My Friend!  I love it!  XX

jaydee
jaydeeUnited States
10/28/2016 1:14:03 PM #

Joanne, they are both fabulous cards and I love the way you mixed the DSPs.   The doilies are the perfect frame for the sentiment.  Thanks for rocking my challenge this week
hugs
jaydee

Sale-A-Bration 2020

Shop, host, join - during Sale-A-Bration there's never been a better time! Offers valid until 31st March, whilst supplies last. Download your copy of the Sale-A-Bration leaflet by clicking on the image above.

Ever thought about becoming a Stampin' Up! demonstrator?For £99, you can create your own starter kit worth £130. During Sale-Bration, you will also receive a mini paper cutter, a 6"x6" Designer Series paper Sampler pack and a stamp set of your choice! Stampin' Up! has something for everyone: join my growing team and benefit from my support to enjoy Stampin' Up! however you choose.

Current January hostess code: