Silver Glimmer Christmas Reindeer

by Joanne James13. October 2016 08:05

I've been poorly this week hence my lack of blog posts but today it's time for a new challenge over at Create With Connie and Maryand this week we have a colour combination for you so I'm back with a short post for you:

I decided to go with an unusually coloured Christmas card today and equally uncharacteristically I had a design in mind as soon as I say this week's colour combination - that almost never happens! Here's my card:

Santa's Sparkly Reindeer - The only stamping on today's card is the greeting (from the Star of Light stamp set) - this card is all about the dies, Santa's Sleigh Thinlits Dies to be exact. A silver glimmer reindeer, wearing a festive wreath and bow.

Die Impression Background - Inspired by the gorgeous cards that Jennifer McGuire made using die impression backgrounds recently (you can see her cards and a useful video tutorial here), I got out my Layered Circle Thinlits and created my own circle impressions to add texture and interest to my background. Unfortunately I did not manage to get a good photograph that showed this detail - this close up does show some of the circles, but I'm afraid that my photography skills on white are not as good as Jennifer's!

A Sprinkling of Fancy Frost - I finished my card with a sprinkling of Fancy Frost sequins - they feature two out of this week's colours, so it had to be done and they carried through the circle theme of the die impressions.

Do visit the other Design Team members to see what they did with this week's colours; there's lots of inspiration over on their blogs too!

Enjoy your day and I'll be back tomorrow with another project. Until then, happy stampin'!

10/13/2016 11:55:22 AM #

Oh my goodness!  Just look at this card....what's not to love?  The colors are so reminiscent of a vintage Christmas ornament...eeek, sooo pretty!  I am sorry that you've not been feeling well...the allergy season is upon us with a vengeance here in the States!!!  I am feeling your pain!  Get well soon!  And I hope to play with this lovely color combo!

Connie Babbert
Connie BabbertUnited States
10/13/2016 12:22:43 PM #

LOVE this card!  I may adapt it for my Club this month!  Hope you feel better soon...like LeAnne, my allergies have kicked in!  Great job with the color challenge this week!

Jenny Engelke
Jenny EngelkeUnited States
10/13/2016 3:04:28 PM #

Well, after seeing your card I've decided that I now NEED the Santa's Sleigh dies.  I absolutely LOVE this deer with the little wreath around his neck.  The sprinkling of sequins are just the right balance to compliment the glimmering deer.  I ADORE your card this week!!!!

10/14/2016 11:40:11 PM #

Joanne this is GORGEOUS!!!!!!  I love that silver reindeer!  I am going to CAS this beauty!  I love all the sequins and the beautiful colors!  WOW!  XX

Sharon Burkert
Sharon BurkertUnited States
10/17/2016 9:02:03 AM #

I love your silver reindeer!   Such a clean and classic card with just the right amount of sequins!  Hope you feel better soon!

Chris Slogar
Chris SlogarUnited States
10/18/2016 11:46:23 AM #

Love this sparkly reindeer decked out in our colors this week!  What a lovely card!

Tracy May
Tracy MayUnited Kingdom
10/19/2016 7:44:31 PM #

I LOVE this card! Sorry to hear you've not been well - it certainly didn't hamper your creativity for this week's challenge! Hope you're feeling better now!

Lisa Martz
Lisa MartzUnited States
10/20/2016 1:32:13 PM #

I love this!  Very simple, but sparkly and festive!  Hope you are feeling better!

Current July hostess code:

WPMS44B7

Bonus Days Are Back!

Spend £45 or more in July and receive a £4.50 voucher to use against August purchases. Read more here