Bella and Friends Just For You

by Joanne James21. July 2016 08:05

Today it's time for a new challenge over at Create With Connie and Mary and this week we have a colour combination for you:

As I pondered these colours, I decided that another Bella and Friends card was the way to go - Tip Top Taupe seemed like a good colour for a puppy. Here's my card:

Bella And Friends Just For You - Another of the adorable images in this set, I stamped the puppy and his feathered pal in Archival Black ink and this time coloured them using the challenge colour inks and a blender pen onto Whisper White cardstock. I added a liberal coat of clear Wink of Stella to the balloon, although it's difficult to see the sparkle on the photograph - trust me, it's there!

Swirly Scribbles Background - As I was about to assemble my card, I decided that my base layer looked rather plain. I considered the options for adding interest and settled on creating my own random pattern using the small swirl in the Swirly Bird set, stamping it all over in Mint Macaron for a tone-on-tone look. I for one am pleased with the result!

Envelope Paper is not just for Envelopes - Are you wondering which designer series paper stack I got my Dapper Denim strip from? Well, the answer would be 'none' as it's actually a piece of the new In Colour Envelope Paper. The great thing is though, whilst it's perfect for envelopes it also makes great designer paper to use on cards. It means your card then is also guaranteed to co-ordinate with your custom envelope should you choose to make one - and why wouldn't you? :-)

Do visit the other Design Team members to see what they did with this week's colours; there's lots of inspiration over on their blogs too!

Enjoy your day and I'll be back tomorrow with another project; until then, happy stampin'!

Jenny Engelke
Jenny EngelkeUnited States
7/21/2016 1:41:22 PM #

Awwww, I just love this sweet image! This color combo is a perfect match for it too! I really like the background paper and images you've chosen as well!

7/22/2016 6:13:17 PM #

Eeek!  Sweetness overload!  How adorable!  This is on my wishlist for sure!

Lisa Martz
Lisa MartzUnited States
7/26/2016 1:53:16 AM #

Just DARLING!  I love these little doggies.  I just got them with a stamp camp order I put in.  Waiting for the perfect sketch to use them!

Sharon Burkert
Sharon BurkertUnited States
7/26/2016 4:53:25 AM #

Too dang cute!  Love your tip about the envelope paper, I will definitely need to get some.

Tracy May
Tracy MayUnited Kingdom
7/26/2016 2:36:53 PM #

Really cute card Joanne. Perfect for these colours! Smile

Christmastime Is Here - an exclusive collection of fabulous festive florals that will be available will supplies last from November 1st!

Current November hostess code: