Sweet Cupcake Double Z-Fold Card

by Joanne James23. June 2016 08:05

Today it's time for a new challenge over at Create With Connie and Mary and this week we have a colour combination for you:

I am on a total new product kick this week and decided that today's colours were perfect for a fun fold and a sweet cupcake - take a look:

A Fancy Fold - Today's card is called a double z-fold card and is really easy to create. My card measures 5 1/2" x 5 1/2" square and was made out of one sheet of A4 Watermelon Wonder cardstock (I could have used my offcut for my strip across the front, but I didn't on this occasion as I wanted this to be a different colour, Whisper White). You can make this card using any size base: just choose your desired finished card height and width, cut your card base to the required height (e.g. 5 1/2") then if your desired width is 5 1/2", you will need a piece of cardstock 11" wide, and scored at a quarter of the width, so 2 3/4" and at the halfway point at 5 1/2". For your z-band, cut a piece of the same length and 1 1/2" wide, score at the same point, but fold along the scorelines in the opposite way to your card base and then rotate it through 180 degrees before adhering to your card.

Sweet Layered Cupcake - I used all three of the challenge colours to create my delicious-looking cupcake, using triple-time stamping and the new 'Sweet Cupcake' stamp set. For the cupcake case I used Pool Party for all 3 layers, stamping off the first two stamps twice and once respectively to get layered colour. For the frosting, I stamped the first two layers in Blushing Bride, stamping off the first layer once and stamping the second layer full strength. The final layer is stamped in Watermelon Wonder, stamped off first to give a less intense finish. I then also brushed this layer with a liberal dose of clear Wink Of Stella for a sparkly shine.

Cupcake Cutouts - Sweet Cupcake is another stamp set with a co-ordinating framelit set that is available as a bundle at a 10% discount: the Cupcake Cutouts Framelits make light work of creating the perfect cupcake shape and also include other useful framelits and two very useful diecut words that can be used with the sentiments in the 'Sweet Cupcake' stamp set or on their own. Here I've used the 'sweet' overlaid on my cupcake to add a punch in Watermelon Wonder to finish my card.

Do visit the other Design Team members to see what they did with this week's colours; there's lots of inspiration over on their blogs too!

Enjoy your day and I'll be back tomorrow with another project; until then, happy stampin'!

• Sweet Cupcake Photopolymer Bundle
  • Watermelon Wonder A4 Cardstock
  • Watermelon Wonder Classic Stampin' Pad
  • Whisper White A4 Cardstock
  • Subtles Designer Series Paper Stack
  • Blushing Bride Classic Stampin' Pad
  • Pool Party Classic Stampin' Pad
  • Clear Wink Of Stella Glitter Brush

Jenny Engelke
Jenny EngelkeUnited States
6/23/2016 1:36:43 PM #

This is such a neat fold and one I have never tried before....thanks for the great directions. I'll be trying it very soon! Your cupcake is super sweet in these colors and looks perfect against the sweet polka-dot background!

Connie Babbert
Connie BabbertUnited States
6/23/2016 2:39:00 PM #

Oh, I've been wanting to do one of these cards...so fun with the cupcake popping up!  Great job with the color challenge this week!

Lisa Martz
Lisa MartzUnited States
6/26/2016 2:47:15 AM #

What a fun fold...and a fun card!  I started out thinking of using this same set, but couldn't get it to work for me.  You did a great job!

Tracy May
Tracy MayUnited Kingdom
6/29/2016 1:08:44 PM #

Fab card Joanne, I really love how you've used the colours!

Jennifer Downey
Jennifer DowneyUnited States
6/30/2016 12:41:48 AM #

The color combination is PERFECT for your cupcake! Spot on this week with your 'sweet' creation!

Chris Slogar
Chris SlogarUnited States
6/30/2016 12:41:43 PM #

Super sweet!  I love the simple dsp background - really makes the cupcake stand out!

Autumn Winter Catalogue

Current November hostess code:

469YSGD2

The Stampin' Cut And Emboss Machine (standard size) Is Here!

Crafting has never looked this good! Contact me to get yours today.

Paper Pumpkin Is Here!

Share joy with the global Joy To The World Paper Pumpkin Kit! Available 3 November whilst stocks last!