Sending Smiles with the Zoo Babies Alligator!

by Joanne James6. April 2016 07:00

Today I have another clean and simple card for you, the second one this week using the sketch challenge over at CAS(E) This Sketch. As I mentioned yesterday, I love playing along with their sketches, which can sometimes leave me lost at first glance but then often take me in an unexpected direction. This week's sketch is definitely one of those! Here is the sketch:

I spent considerable time thinking about how I was going to interpret this sketch; the Design Team have some great takes on this sketch and I was fascinated by Michelle's Design Team card in particular and the way she created the channel for her airplane. In a similar vein I created my second card:

How cute is this?!! Here's the low-down on today's card:

See Ya Later Alligator - My alligator is from the 'Zoo Babies' stamp set. Super cute on a baby card but also works for a fun 'hello' style card too. His open jaws were just crying out to be used with this sketch! I added a tiny punched heart from the Confetti Hearts Border Punch for a little pop of colour too.

Chomp Chomp - What to use to create the teeth marks I needed for my alligator's bite? I used the scalloped thinlit in the Cutie Pie Thinlit set; this enabled me to create a mirrored border to reveal my sentiment beneath, which is from the 'Greatest Greetings' set. Don't all alligators look like they are smiling - before they open their mouths at least?!

'White' Space - Like Monday's card, today's features plenty of true 'white space' - or in this case 'green' space! You can read all about white space and its function of clean and simple cards here. Today is another example that fits with this week's challenge over at Less is More, so I will be linking up for the second time this week.

This is one of those cards that makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside - I just love it!

What's more, two of the products I've used on today's card - The Confetti Hearts Border Punch and Greatest Greetings set - are available at a knock-down bargain price on Weekly Deals today - get the full details here

Back tomorrow with a card for this week's new challenge over at Create With Connie and Mary; until then, happy stampin'!

Sid
SidUnited Kingdom
4/6/2016 7:36:53 AM #

Great Card !

Esther
EstherUnited Kingdom
4/6/2016 8:04:51 AM #

Very creative and fun card! I love the layout and the colours you've chosen. Great LIM entry!

Jasleen Kaur
Jasleen KaurIndia
4/6/2016 8:33:55 AM #

Hi, Joanne! Your card is an absolute CAS delight. Very clever use of the scallped thinlits  dies to interpret that sketch. You are so right, your card does give such a warm, fuzzy feeling. Smile
Thank you for stopping by my blog today and leaving me a lovely comment.

Kathyk
KathykUnited Kingdom
4/6/2016 9:31:19 AM #

Fab make and love the trick with the alligator mouth!

Kathyk

Michelle W
Michelle WAustralia
4/6/2016 10:08:17 AM #

What a very cool card! I love how you've taken my idea and made it even better in your own awesome style! Thanks for joining us at CAS(E) This Sketch!

Leigh Penner
Leigh PennerCanada
4/6/2016 4:00:16 PM #

Oh, this totally makes me smile! Super cute take on the sketch!

baileyrosy
baileyrosyGreece
4/6/2016 6:06:25 PM #

Such a fun card I love your creativity and your humour. Thank you so much for your isit its always nice to meet fellow crafters.

Marie

Louise Thomson
Louise ThomsonUnited Kingdom
4/6/2016 10:18:04 PM #

This is such a brilliantly creative and ingenious design! No wonder you got the earth fuzzies! Such a super fun idea and so perfectly executed. Lou x

Sarah
SarahUnited Kingdom
4/7/2016 12:33:12 PM #

WOW! Joanne this as awesome as ever! Love your cards, fun and unique every time and this one certainly made me smile too. Fantastic challenge combo and thanks for sharing it at Less is More too. Sarah x

Ardyth Percy-Robb
Ardyth Percy-RobbCanada
4/7/2016 2:01:19 PM #

So clever!

Chrissy L
Chrissy LUnited States
4/7/2016 3:56:16 PM #

I love the cut out for his chomps!  Adorable!

4/7/2016 5:23:16 PM #

You continue to outdo yourself and make me say "WOW" every time I visit!  SOOOOO cute!

Sarah
SarahUnited Kingdom
4/8/2016 9:21:21 AM #

This is such a cute and clever design, Joanne!  I just love it....so creative to create the 'bite marks' from that fun crocodile.  Thank you for joining us at Less is More this week!

Chrissie
ChrissieUnited Kingdom
4/10/2016 8:16:18 PM #

Sorry for my late visit this week, but time ran just away from me!
This is fab Joanne, I love the cut out for the sentiment!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Sharon
SharonPortugal
4/12/2016 5:28:56 PM #

What a fab card! The way you added the sentiment is superb.
So sorry I'm late - still playing catch-up from my holiday! Thank you for joining us at Less is More.
Sharon xx

Autumn Winter Catalogue

Current September hostess code:

ZMKAG7P2

The Stampin' Cut And Emboss Machine (standard size) Is Here!

Crafting has never looked this good! Contact me to get yours today.

Paper Pumpkin Is Here!