There's Always Time For Tea Masked Teacups Card

by Joanne James18. February 2016 08:05

Today it's time for a new challenge over at Create With Connie and Mary and this week we have a colour combination for you:

This colour combination is straight out of the Have A Cuppa Designer Series Paper Stack and whilst not one I would naturally be drawn to, I decided to create a colour-blocked card using a selection of the papers and the trio of cups stamp from the co-ordinating 'A Nice Cuppa' stamp set:

I selectively inked each of the cups in the trio in each of the challenge colours, then created a trio of panels featuring cups in each of the same colours to go behind each one and made a short technique video tutorial to show you how I did it, which you can see here:

I added a tiny teaspoon charm from the Have A Cuppa Embellishments set to a Bermuda Bay stitched ribbon bow and attached this to one of the cup handles as a finishing touch. Isn't that teaspoon just the cutest?! I think this cup stamp looks great stamped in a single colour, however inking in a variety of colours adds definition to the shape of the individual cups. The busy paper makes a good background too, as there isn't much of it on show so it doesn't overwhelm.

Do visit the other Design Team members to see what they did with this week's colours; there's lots of inspiration over on their blogs too!

Enjoy your day and I'll be back tomorrow with another project; until then, happy stampin'!

• Have A Cuppa Designer Series Paper Stack
  • Punch Corner Project Life

Tags: , , , , , ,

Cards | Shop Online | Stamping

Connie Babbert
Connie BabbertUnited States
2/18/2016 2:02:49 PM #

The little charm is the perfect touch!  Love the color block panels for the background  I had originally pulled out this set to use, but settled for just using the DSP.  Great job with the color challenge!

Jenny Engelke
Jenny EngelkeUnited States
2/18/2016 6:04:56 PM #

Another hit in my book! I love the differntly brightly colored tea cups!

Alison Barclay
Alison BarclayAustralia
2/18/2016 10:01:07 PM #

I love this card....very creative stamping and the little metal embellishment is gorgeous! Smile

Kathy James
Kathy JamesUnited Kingdom
2/19/2016 7:46:48 PM #

Lovely card plus excellent and informative video!  Thanks Joanne.

Chris Slogar
Chris SlogarUnited States
2/21/2016 1:35:15 PM #

Great video to show how you achieved such a perfect multicolor image!  Love the color-blocked look and how the background papers also follow the pattern!

Lisa Martz
Lisa MartzUnited States
2/23/2016 4:50:29 PM #

Great 3 panel card with the teacups.  Love how you used the colors to color block the cups...looks great!  And that little spoon really ties it all together!

cenise
ceniseUnited States
5/20/2016 2:30:12 PM #

Such a beautiful card. Could you share the size of the DSP and the matte for them as well as the stamped piece and its matte?

Christmastime Is Here - an exclusive collection of fabulous festive florals that will be available will supplies last from November 1st!

Current November hostess code: