Playful Pals Jungle Elephant Hello Card

by Joanne James2. February 2016 08:00

I have a day of back-to-back classes today, with my second technique class of the month (I know and only 2nd February!) and my monthly Project Life memory keeping class in store, so a nice early blog post for you today! I have a fun card using this week's sketch over at CAS(E) This Sketch and the challenge over at The Friday Mashup to use a zoo animal on your card:

I thought the CAS(E) This Sketch layout was perfect for an idea I'd had using the Playful Pals stamp set and co-ordinating Pyramid Pals Thinlits Dies - take a look:

I had this idea of an animal in the bush/jungle peeking out amongst the greenery so I decided on an elephant and having stamped and cut out the elephant pieces in Smoky Slate, I adhered him to my bright orange background before adding my Botanical Builder leaves and my sentiment cut with the Greetings thinlits. Isn't that fun? I have visions of this elephant trampling greenery for miles around as it rampages through the bush. I envisaged my animal as living in the wild, although clearly elephants can be seen at the zoo too. This is my first outing with the Playful Pals set but I know that I am going to use of lots more - there are so many creative possibilities with a set like this!

That's all from me today; back tomorrow with this week's weekly deals and another project. Until then, happy stampin'!

Amy Kunkle
Amy KunkleUnited States
2/3/2016 12:26:00 AM #

Adorable!! Love your elephant. Thanks so much for playing along at the Friday Mashup! ~amy

LisaJ
LisaJUnited States
2/3/2016 1:50:09 AM #

This is so cute, I love the elephant peeking out from behind the greenery!

Thanks for joining us at The Friday Mashup!

Leigh Penner
Leigh PennerCanada
2/3/2016 8:57:11 PM #

Oh, this is so cute! What a fun take on the sketch!

Norma
NormaUnited States
2/5/2016 7:35:52 AM #

Love the elephant so very cute!! Thank you for joining us over at Friday Mashup.
Hugs,
Norma

Michelle Leone
Michelle LeoneUnited States
2/5/2016 8:05:08 PM #

A-dorable! Such bright/happy colors.... just perfect for CTS#157!

Kylie Bertucci
Kylie BertucciAustralia
2/20/2016 10:29:07 AM #

Totally adorable! Congratulations! This project is one of my most popular pins this week and is being highlighted on my blog today. Thanks for sharing. Kylie xx

Judy
Judy Australia
2/21/2016 9:49:03 AM #

This is very cute. I had not thought about doing normal cards.

Josee Smuck
Josee SmuckCanada
2/22/2016 9:33:29 PM #

I love what you did with this card! I would love to share this on my blog for 'My Crafty Friends Monday' (a round up of amazing cards from amazing stampers!)! Please let me know if you would prefer that I didn't share it (of course I give you credit and link back to your blog!).
Inky Hugs!

Joanne JamesUnited Kingdom
2/23/2016 11:17:35 PM #

Josee you are welcome to share with a credit and link back to my blog - that would be most kind! Send me the link to your post when you've published it and I will pop by and leave a comment!

Diane Ouellette
Diane OuelletteUnited States
5/18/2016 2:07:17 AM #

Just LOVE your card. Got the set yesterday...and you can see my card, cased with alterations, on Stampin' Connection...Elephant Hello. Thank you for sharing! And, of course, I gave a shout out.  Smile

Christmastime Is Here - an exclusive collection of fabulous festive florals that will be available will supplies last from November 1st!

Current October hostess code: