Love Is In The Air Balloon Valentine Card

by Joanne James23. January 2016 21:51

I've had a busy day today with housework and homework, but fortunately a little crafting time too! I made a clean and simple Valentine's card for the following challenges:

Global Design Project, TGIF Challenges and SUO Challenges all have a Love-Valentine's theme and this week's sketch over at CAS(E) This Sketch provided me with the perfect layout for what I had in mind:

Using a Pool Party base, I took a piece of Shimmery White cardstock and washed it lightly from top to bottom with my Aquapainter and some Pool Party ink. then stamped a cluster of heart-shaped balloons in Blushing Bride and Watermelon Wonder, with Smoky Slate strings, using the 'Balloon Builders' stamp set. I heat embossed my sentiment in White on a popped up banner of Watermelon Wonder. This card has a wonderful lustre and sparkle in real life as a result of the shimmery white cardstock that is difficult to see in the photo and I just love the soft, almost watercoloured stamp effect of the balloons. One stamp set, one card - what's not to love?!

That's my card for today; come back tomorrow for a new challenge over at The Paper Players when I will be sharing another new set for the first time with you. Until then, happy stampin'!

Tags: , , , , , ,

Cards | Shop Online | Stamping

Kylie Bertucci
Kylie BertucciAustralia
1/24/2016 6:13:27 AM #

What a great card! Such a great idea using the shine paper. Thank you so much for playing along with this week's Global Design Project challenge! Look forward to seeing you play along with us again.

Brian King
Brian KingUnited States
1/24/2016 12:09:30 PM #

Those days with NO crafting time are really tough.  Glad you got some in.  Smile  Such a sweet card!  Love how you've used these balloons.  Thank you so much for playing along with this week's Love Theme Challenge at Global Design Project.

Shawn de Oliveira
Shawn de OliveiraUnited States
1/25/2016 4:19:42 AM #

Love the way you layered these balloons. Totally cute. Thanks for sharing with Global Design Project.

krista frattin
krista frattinCanada
1/25/2016 5:52:33 AM #

this is a beautiful card! I love it! Thank-you for playing along with the Global Design Project!

Leigh Penner
Leigh PennerCanada
1/25/2016 8:52:10 PM #

Oh, this is so sweet and pretty! Wonderful takes on the sketch!

Julia Quinn
Julia QuinnAustralia
1/30/2016 12:04:55 PM #

Yes, your card is just lovely, and I love the humour in the greeting too!!  The balloons are a great idea for a Valentines Card!  So glad you joined the fun at SUO!

Connie Babbert
Connie BabbertUnited States
1/31/2016 1:44:39 AM #

Ah, so simple and sweet...I love that heart balloon!  Thanks for playing along with the SUO Valentine Challenge this time!

Karen Barber
Karen BarberUnited States
1/31/2016 4:54:55 PM #

Awesome valentine creation!!!  Thanks for playing along in the SUO challenge this time!

Autumn Winter Catalogue

Current September hostess code:

TSEGA7FU

The Stampin' Cut And Emboss Machine (standard size) Is Here!

Crafting has never looked this good! Contact me to get yours today.

Paper Pumpkin Is Here!