Flurry Of Wishes Lost Lagoon Christmas Card

by Joanne James29. October 2015 08:05

Today it's time for a new challenge over at Create With Connie and Mary and this week we have a great sketch challenge for you:

I saw this sketch layout and immediately thought 'snowflakes' so dug out my 'Festive Flurry' stamp set and some Lost Lagoon cardstock, a colour that I haven't used much this season. Here's my card:

I decided to go with a square card today and worked directly onto my card base, as I wanted my snowflakes to add the layers. I stamped my first snowflake in Lost Lagoon directly onto my card base and centred it with an iced rhinestone , then stamped my sentiment in Versamark overlapping this and heat embossed it in white. Before adding my punched snowflakes, I also stamped the splatter stamp from Gorgeous Grunge in Versamark onto the background and heat embossed this in Iridescent Ice; it looks quite dark in the photo but is actually really sparkly. For the remaining circular elements of the sketch, I stamped one of the smaller snowflakes in Lost Lagoon on Whisper White, added a rhinestone to the centre and punched it out using the co-ordinating punch, then for the remaining circle I used one of the natural snowflake elements that I stamped in versamark and heat embossed in white, then stamped it again in versamark and heat embossed it in Iridescent Ice so that it is super-sparkly. lastly, I added some silver cord trim to the folded edge.

I just love this card - so very sparkly and Christmassy, all rolled into one! I love the combination of snowflakes to add a little flavour of collage to my card today.

Do visit the other Design Team members to see how they used this week's challenge sketch; there's lots of inspiration over on their blogs too!

Enjoy your day and I'll be back tomorrow with another project; until then, happy stampin'!

• Flurry Of Wishes Photopolymer Bundle
  • Gorgeous Grunge Clear-Mount Stamp Set
  • Snowflake Elements
  • Iced Rhinestone Embellishments
  • Silver Cording Trim
  • Embossing Buddy
  • Versamark Pad
  • White Stampin' Emboss Powder
  • Heat Tool (Uk)
  • Iridescent Ice Stampin' Emboss Powder
  • Whisper White A4 Cardstock
  • Lost Lagoon Classic Stampin' Pad
  • Lost Lagoon A4 Cardstock

10/29/2015 12:17:13 PM #

Very pretty, Joanne!  I love the white against the Lost Lagoon.....the whole card just sparkles like snow!

Jenny Engelke
Jenny EngelkeUnited States
10/29/2015 1:04:12 PM #

Oh my, Joanne, this is so elegant, simple and strining! All the accents make it super special!  I LOVE every single thing about this card!!!! I hope you don't mind if I CASE!

Lisa Young
Lisa YoungUnited States
10/31/2015 11:24:27 PM #

Love that you kept it pretty much a one layer card. And the white embossed sentiment really stands out. Beautiful card!

Chris Slogar
Chris SlogarUnited States
11/1/2015 2:00:06 PM #

Wow!  Fantastic use of embellishments and embossing to make a one-layer card so striking and special!  Thanks for all of the written detail - I can't wait to try that with the wooden snowflakes!  Love this!!

Lisa Martz
Lisa MartzUnited States
11/2/2015 10:28:21 PM #

Love the embossed greeting, the embossed wooden snowflake and the colors of this card!  Beautiful!  Gives you the Christmas feeling...even though it is 77 degrees here today!

Bridgette Jones
Bridgette JonesUnited States
11/4/2015 12:38:33 AM #

Oh my, this is so GORGEOUS! I love that you kept everything on the card base, your snowflakes add a lot of depth. I could stare at those Iridescent Ice sparkles all day! Love it!

Redeem your Bonus Days coupons during the month of August! Click here to shop online to redeem yours

Extra Extra