Garden In Bloom Friends Card

by Joanne James24. September 2015 08:05

Today it's time for a new challenge over at Create With Connie and Mary and this week we have a great colour challenge for you:

These colours have a real ombre feel to them and I decided to go with something pretty and floral today using the 'Garden in Bloom' stamp set. Here's my card:

I used a Very Vanilla base and a mat of Calypso Coral to set off my Pretty Petals striped DSP. I punched a 2" wide banner of Blushing Bride with my Triple Banner Punch and overlaid this with a piece of Very Vanilla satin ribbon, then for my focal panel I stamped the sentiment and flower outlines in Watermelon Wonder and 'coloured' them in with the other two challenge colours. I love this stamp set and in photopolymer, it makes light work of two-step stamping for sure!

Do visit the other Design Team members to see how they used this week's challenge colours; there's lots of inspiration over on their blogs too!

Enjoy your day and I'll be back tomorrow with another project; until then, happy stampin'!

• Very Vanilla A4 Cardstock
  • Garden In Bloom Photopolymer Stamp Set
  • Pretty Petals Designer Series Paper Stack
  • Banner Triple Punch
  • Watermelon Wonder Classic Stampin' Pad
  • Blushing Bride Classic Stampin' Pad
  • Blushing Bride A4 Cardstock
  • Calypso Coral Classic Stampin' Pad
  • Calypso Coral A4 Cardstock
  • Very Vanilla 5/8" Satin Ribbon

Jenny Engelke
Jenny EngelkeUnited States
9/25/2015 1:36:04 AM #

The Garden in Bloom flowers are beautiful in these colors and they look fabulous against the stripped dsp background paper!  The satin ribbon adds just a touch of elegance as well!

Alison Barclay
Alison BarclayAustralia
9/27/2015 1:14:04 AM #

Gorgeous card....I love your stamped centre panel and you have used the DSP to great effect in the background. Lovely! Smile

Chris Slogar
Chris SlogarUnited States
9/27/2015 3:22:07 AM #

Wow, those flowers look so great in these colors - and truly monochromatic with their outlines stamped in Watermelon Wonder.  Really great choice of dsp and stamps, and lovely layout!

Connie Babbert
Connie BabbertUnited States
9/28/2015 1:18:43 PM #

Ah...I wondered where that DSP came from!  Worked perfectly with the colors this week!  Love how great this looks with the flowers...pulled it all together!  Great job with the color challenge this week!

Lisa Young
Lisa YoungUnited States
9/29/2015 1:30:30 AM #

I really like the way you added the banner and ribbon between the stamped focal point and the horizontal stripes. It's a great way to separate the two!

Lisa Martz
Lisa MartzUnited States
9/30/2015 5:18:56 AM #

Very pretty!  Love your choice of DSP with the stamps.  Love the layout and the satin ribbon detail.  Great job!

Margaret Raburn
Margaret RaburnUnited States
9/30/2015 2:03:12 PM #

Your combination of stripes with the flowers is so attractive!  I love how you stamped and colored the flower panel and placed the banner and ribbon behind it!  What a wonderful card to be enjoyed by a friend!

Sale-A-Bration 2020

Shop, host, join - during Sale-A-Bration there's never been a better time! Offers valid until 31st March, whilst supplies last. Download your copy of the Sale-A-Bration leaflet by clicking on the image above.

Ever thought about becoming a Stampin' Up! demonstrator?For £99, you can create your own starter kit worth £130. During Sale-Bration, you will also receive a mini paper cutter, a 6"x6" Designer Series paper Sampler pack and a stamp set of your choice! Stampin' Up! has something for everyone: join my growing team and benefit from my support to enjoy Stampin' Up! however you choose.

Current February hostess code:

N7UTJ3DY

2020 Spring-Summer Mini Catalogue

Co-ordination Product Release

Step up your co-ordination game by purchasing these exclusive products that co-ordinate with Sale-A-Bration and Spring mini catalogue items. There is no limit to how many you can order, but they are only available 4 February - 31st march whilst supplies last! Read more here.