It's A Boy Sweet L'il Things Congratulations Card

by Joanne James10. August 2015 08:00

Happy Monday everyone! I am starting my week with a fun birth congratulations card for the challenges over at Freshly Made Sketches and Pals Paper Arts this week:

Ppa262

I love the sketch but was initially perplexed when I saw the PPA colours this week as I wasn't sure I could make the Mint Macaron and Pool Party work together; I loved the colour combo though so thought I'd give it a bit more consideration and this is what I came up with:

With both Pool Party and Tip Top Taupe featuring in the Sweet L'il Things Designer Series paper pack, I decided to go with a new baby card - a boy of course! I just love the cloud pattern on the DSP sheet (it comes in the alternate colourway of Pool Party cloud outlines on Very Vanilla too) and whilst this is by no means only of use for a baby card, it provided the perfect backdrop for my little panel of 'zzzzz's' and my Very Vanilla panel with cute Pool Party babygro cut using my Baby's First Framelits. I paper-pierced the babygro to add interest and added a 3/4" Very Vanilla circle with a Mint Macaron punched heart, that I covered with one of the heart-shaped Itty Bitty Accents Epoxy Stickers - this looks so lovely in real life! The heart and banner were just enough Mint Macaron I think with the other two colours and I'm so pleased with my final card. It also made me realise just how much I love Tip Top Taupe - this isn't a colour I've used much at all to date, yet its soft tones work so well with pastels and paler colours, I must try and use it more often.

That's all from me; I am expecting a visit from my parents today, which is making Ben very excited since with his birthday tomorrow he is virtually assured of presents! - and I'm also expecting the arrival of my pre-order of SU! goodies from the new seasonal catalogue. I am beyond excited!!!

Back tomorrow with another project; until then, happy stampin'!

Patti MacLeith
Patti MacLeithUnited States
8/10/2015 6:39:18 PM #

Perfect piercing and beautiful layers for baby! Thanks for joining the Pals!

8/11/2015 1:20:43 AM #

I love this...I am hoarding my paper like this, it's just so stinkin' cute, I can't bear to use it!  Silly, isn't it?  Just adorable!

KarrenJ
KarrenJNew Zealand
8/11/2015 7:26:51 AM #

Adorable baby card, Joanne!  The little pierced onesie is so cute!  Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Michelle Gleeson
Michelle GleesonUnited States
8/11/2015 10:32:51 AM #

Adorable! One the onesie with the little heart.

Kim S
Kim SUnited States
8/11/2015 2:33:55 PM #

I love your soft mix of colors - and the clouds and "z's" paper are a fabulous look! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

sandra conner
sandra connerUnited States
8/11/2015 10:54:21 PM #

Simply devine!  I love how you used our colors this week! Thanks for having fun with the PALS this week.

Autumn Winter Catalogue

Current September hostess code:

TSEGA7FU

The Stampin' Cut And Emboss Machine (standard size) Is Here!

Crafting has never looked this good! Contact me to get yours today.

Paper Pumpkin Is Here!