Cherry On Top Donuts Card

by Joanne James9. July 2015 08:00

It's Thursday and time for a new challenge over at Create With Connie and Mary! This week we have a great sketch challenge for you:

This was one of those sketches that the minute I saw it, I knew exactly what I was going to do with those 'flowers' - to me, they looked just like the donuts with a bit taken out that feature on both one of the Cherry on Top DSP stack patterns and the Sprinkles on Top stamp set on page 7 of the annual catalogue. I don't have the latter but am definitely in love with the former, so that's where I was headed for my card this week:

I stayed with the square shape for my card and used a base of Pool Party with mats in Whisper White and Bermuda Bay. I then used another of the patterns from the Cherry on top DSP stack as my top layer and stamped my sentiment from the 'Bravo' stamp set in Watermelon Wonder directly onto the DSP. I then used a long, slim panel of Bermuda Bay, with one corner rounded t echo the shape of the base card, then adhered four little donuts, punched out of the DSP using my 3/4" circle punch, onto the panel using dimensionals. I finished with a double loop of Whisper White baker's twine to complete my card.

So what do think - is this card sweet to you? Do check out how the other design team members have interpreted this week's sketch as we've all taken a different approach. As for me, I'll be back tomorrow with another project to share. Until then, happy stampin'!

• Bravo Photopolymer Stamp Set
  • Cherry On Top Designer Series Paper Stack
  • Whisper White Baker's Twine
  • Watermelon Wonder Classic Stampin' Pad
  • Bermuda Bay A4 Cardstock
  • Pool Party A4 Cardstock
  • Punch Corner Project Life
  • Whisper White A4 Cardstock
  • 3/4" Circle Punch

Tags: , , , , , , ,

Cards | Stamping

Joan V
Joan VUnited States
7/9/2015 12:56:10 PM #

What a SWEET card. Thanks for the inspiration.

Margaret Raburn
Margaret RaburnUnited States
7/9/2015 5:46:01 PM #

Wow, you're right; what a great idea!  Those bitty donuts are just perfect for this sketch and look so "sweet" lined up ready to enjoy!  PERFECT sentiment for a delicious card!  : )

Jenny Engelke
Jenny EngelkeUnited States
7/9/2015 9:09:40 PM #

So smart using the donuts from the DSP!  I just love the way this turned out!  I hope you "donut" mind, but I'll be CASing this one!

Lisa Young
Lisa YoungUnited States
7/10/2015 12:10:42 AM #

That's too funny because that was my first thought too - donuts! But I don't own the donut stamp set or the paper, so I am really happy to see your awesome creation!

Alison Barclay
Alison BarclayAustralia
7/10/2015 3:35:57 AM #

SO CUTE!!! I love the softness of your card with the pops of colour from the donuts! Adorable!

Chris Slogar
Chris SlogarUnited States
7/14/2015 1:47:40 PM #

Super sweet card!  Love that you used the donuts from the designer paper and I also like how you used the panel of Bermuda Bay so they stand out!  Fun card!

Lisa Martz
Lisa MartzUnited States
7/15/2015 3:16:20 AM #

Simple...sweet!  Love this!  What a fun little card with the donuts!

Sale-A-Bration 2020

Shop, host, join - during Sale-A-Bration there's never been a better time! Offers valid until 31st March, whilst supplies last. Download your copy of the Sale-A-Bration leaflet by clicking on the image above.

Ever thought about becoming a Stampin' Up! demonstrator?For £99, you can create your own starter kit worth £130. During Sale-Bration, you will also receive a mini paper cutter, a 6"x6" Designer Series paper Sampler pack and a stamp set of your choice! Stampin' Up! has something for everyone: join my growing team and benefit from my support to enjoy Stampin' Up! however you choose.

Current February hostess code:

N7UTJ3DY

2020 Spring-Summer Mini Catalogue

Co-ordination Product Release

Step up your co-ordination game by purchasing these exclusive products that co-ordinate with Sale-A-Bration and Spring mini catalogue items. There is no limit to how many you can order, but they are only available 4 February - 31st march whilst supplies last! Read more here.