Hey I Remembered Your Birthday!

by Joanne James9. April 2015 08:05

It's Thursday and time for another challenge over at Create With Connie and Mary, where this week we have a great colour combination for you:

This colour combination appears in the Birthday Bash DSP and I couldn't resist using a piece of it on a fun-fold card for a humorous birthday greeting:

I used Night of Navy for my card base and created a fun-fold card using my Deco Labels framelits. I used Calypso Coral for my mats. I used a piece of the party hat paper for the front section beneath my main sentiment, a lovely curly script from the 'Age Awareness' stampset. I backed my sentiment panel with a circle cut with my circle framelits and popped this up on dimensionals, so that I could attach my Calypso Coral pompom trim and gold sequins to the front with a mini gold peg to add to the party feel. I continued the stamping inside my card, which today I remembered to photograph:

This card is for a good friend whose birthday I not only forgot last year, but worse still bumped into on the day and not even that triggered my extremely poor memory into remembering! Luckily the friend was gracious enough to forgive me, although he has ribbed me mercilessly about it ever since. Needless to say, his birthday isn't until next month but the card is ready and I will be making an extra effort this time around!

The Design Team has some amazing projects to share with you this week, with lots of great inspiration so do pop by their blogs and take a look. So grab your paper and inks and we look forward to seeing you in the gallery this week!

I'll be back tomorrow with another project hopefully; I have my monthly stamp-a-stack class in the morning and the Easter holidays mean I am getting a little less creative time than usual, but I'll do my best. until then, happy stampin'!

• Age Awareness Photopolymer Stamp Set
  • Night Of Navy A4 Card Stock
  • Calypso Coral A4 Card Stock
  • Crushed Curry Classic Stampin' Pad

Alison Barclay
Alison BarclayAustralia
4/9/2015 11:52:53 AM #

Loving this card! The sequin & pom-pom trim is gorgeous as is the fun fold and sentiment. Smile

Lisa Young
Lisa YoungUnited States
4/9/2015 1:14:54 PM #

Love the background story - one I can totally relate to Smile Your card is so awesome, it should make up for the lack of one last year! Love the sequins and pom pons hanging down.

Connie Babbert
Connie BabbertUnited States
4/9/2015 1:42:05 PM #

How fun!  Love the clothespin and pom pom trim on here, along with the fun greeting and DSP!  Great job with the color challenge this week!

Bridgette Jones
Bridgette JonesUnited States
4/9/2015 3:46:12 PM #

Love this fun fold card! Surely your friend will think that this awesome card makes up for last year! ;)

Jenny Engelke
Jenny EngelkeUnited States
4/11/2015 2:01:17 AM #

Oh, I love your fancy fold card!  All the extras you added make it all the more special!  That sentiment is super funny too!

Chris Slogar
Chris SlogarUnited States
4/12/2015 2:13:57 PM #

This is more fun with a z-fold!  Love it!  And I can't get enough of Birthday Bash and the accessories , they are so perfect for celebrations!  Great card!

Lisa Martz
Lisa MartzUnited States
4/13/2015 2:22:57 PM #

I always forget to do the z fold and I tried it out at class a few weeks ago...everyone loved it!   This card is a lot of fun with the great colors, fun pom-poms, sequins and the clothespin.

Margaret Raburn
Margaret RaburnUnited States
4/15/2015 4:32:31 AM #

I too forget about this fold but it is always such a great presentation!  Your card is a show-stopper!  Love how you clipped the sequins and trim to the card; it looks so perfect yet casual! Love it!

Current July hostess code:

WPMS44B7

Bonus Days Are Back!

Spend £45 or more in July and receive a £4.50 voucher to use against August purchases. Read more here