Painted Petals Fun Fold Card

by Joanne James4. April 2015 10:00

I have a couple of posts for you today - the first one is for this week's challenge over at SUO Challenges, where they have a 'fun fold' challenge going on. I was also inspired to use the colours over at The Card Concept - don't you just love that inspiration photo?

Now I don't often make fun fold cards, although I saw a really 'simple but effective' one over on LeeAnn Greff's blog here a couple of weeks ago (inspired by an original card by Darlene McCallum) that I really wanted to try. When I went to LeeAnn's blog to link up, she has today added a video tutorial here, although I had already made my card and used slightly different measurements to this as I was working in metric. Here is my version:

It wasn't too tricky to work out where to make the cuts using my Stampin' Trimmer to make the folded corner and once they were in place I could adhere the front panel, which featured my Painted Petals blooms, stamped in Pistachio Pudding and Crisp Cantaloupe, with a little detail added using a Calypso Coral Stampin' Write marker and some tiny pearls and matted onto a piece of Coastal Cabana. I created an ombre border using the dot stamp in Crisp Cantaloupe along the bottom, starting with the bottom row and working upwards, stamping each time without reinking. I then overstamped my sentiment in Coastal Cabana.

I need to add a couple more photos showing this card from the inside and so that you can better see it with the front face closed against the back panel. I love this fun fold - it enables me to maintain my 'clean and layered' look whilst adding an unexpected twist.

Back later with another fun Easter project; until then, happy stampin'!

Tags: , , , , , ,

Cards | Stamping

maria f.
maria f.Germany
4/4/2015 3:08:47 PM #

What a soft and lovely interpretation of the photo. Glad you joined in at The Card Concept.

Jenni M
Jenni MUnited Kingdom
4/4/2015 5:52:27 PM #

Love your soft and delicate card and the fold at the front make it stand out from the crowd! x

Julie Gearinger
Julie GearingerUnited States
4/4/2015 10:36:45 PM #

Wow, great job!! Love the soft, spring colors and the fold looks fabulous!!  Thanks for playing along with us at SUO Challenges and The Card Concept Smile

Julia Quinn
Julia QuinnAustralia
4/5/2015 12:04:49 AM #

Great simple fun fold!  And the colours are divine too!! So glad you joined in the challenge at SUO this week!!

Connie Babbert
Connie BabbertUnited States
4/5/2015 2:01:32 AM #

Very cool fun fold!  Love the soft colors you used.  Thanks for playing along with the SUO Challenge this week!

KAREN BARBER
KAREN BARBERUnited States
4/6/2015 1:55:23 AM #

I love your soft color palette and this fold is a winner too!!

Tracey McNeely
Tracey McNeelyCanada
4/8/2015 1:13:57 AM #

Such a fabulous technique, your results are beautiful! Thank you for sharing with us at the Card Concept!

Angela Maine
Angela MaineUnited States
4/12/2015 12:03:08 AM #

Joanne, your card is so soft and very pretty! Thank you so much for adding to the gallery at The Card Concept!

Debbie
DebbieUnited States
4/13/2015 2:56:15 AM #

I just love these soft colors and that folded layer.  Beautiful card.

Narelle Farrugia
Narelle FarrugiaAustria
4/14/2015 11:03:03 AM #

This is just lovely! I love, love, love the softness you've given your flowers and the fold you've used is fab! Thanks for joining us at The Card Concept!

Autumn Winter Catalogue

Current September hostess code:

ZMKAG7P2

The Stampin' Cut And Emboss Machine (standard size) Is Here!

Crafting has never looked this good! Contact me to get yours today.

Paper Pumpkin Is Here!