Hello Easter For The Paper Players

by Joanne James29. March 2015 10:00

It's Sunday and time for a new challenge over at The Paper Players and this week my good friend and talented papercrafter Claire has a fun tic-tac-toe challenge for us:

I decided to go with the first vertical line - yellow, die-cut and flowers (or in my case, flower!) - and this week's sketch over at Pals Paper Arts:

I am still in need of a few Easter cards, so I thought those five circles on the sketch would make some cute Easter chicks, bright yellow and chirpy. I decided on the chick trio from the 'For Peep's Sake' stamp set but I needed five chicks, not three. My solution? I stamped the first two chicks on the right, then masked the outer chicks and just masked the central one, lining up with my stamp-a-ma-jig, then lastly stamped the two chicks on the left, masking off the one I didn't need. I stamped the chicks again a few times on some scrap cardstock, twice in Melon mambo and once in Bermuda Bay, and fussy cut out the eggshells and adhered them on top of the ones on my card. I punched a Bermuda Bay flower using the flower punch from the Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack and added a Melon Mambo candy dot for the centre. lastly, I added my die cut 'hello'; this might seem a little odd in the context of an Easter card, but it is destined for the mail and someone I don't get to see in person, so combined with the inside greeting works just fine.

I hope you like my card today.  There are some great cards from the Design Team this week - so many different ways of combining the elements of the grid. Do pop by their blogs and take a look:

The Paper Players Design Team
Anne Marie Hile
 Jaydee
Laurie Schmidt
Nance Leedy
Sandy Mathis
Debbie Mageed
Karren Johnson
Shannon Jaramillo

Here's a quick recap of our challenge rules:

1.  Create a new paper project
3.  Please link your card to no more than three challenges, TOTAL.
4.  Have FUN!

I look forward to seeing your tic-tac-toe combinations in our gallery this week. Back tomorrow with another project; until then, happy stampin'!

Linda Callahan
Linda CallahanUnited States
3/29/2015 12:31:43 PM #

Cute!

cathi
cathiUnited States
3/29/2015 12:53:49 PM #

Great tip for getting the five chicks on there!

Laurie schmidt
Laurie schmidtUnited States
3/29/2015 7:50:07 PM #

The chicks are adorable! Very clever use of the stamps, too!

Debbie Mageed
Debbie MageedUnited States
3/30/2015 1:47:37 AM #

What a wonderful card! A little bit of work but so worth the effort! Love it!!

Sandy M
Sandy MUnited States
3/30/2015 1:58:13 AM #

What fun little eggs with the chicks peeking out! And of course five chicks are better than three! Cute, cute, cute!

KarrenJ
KarrenJNew Zealand
3/30/2015 7:45:55 AM #

This is adorable!  Love that little row of chicks and great use of the sketch!

Michelle Quinno
Michelle QuinnoUnited States
3/30/2015 3:12:33 PM #

This is adorable!!

3/30/2015 10:38:43 PM #

Joanne, this is just adorable!  I love how you masked the chicks and have 5!  The more the merrier!  Who wouldn't be "HAPPY" to receive this precious card!  XX

3/31/2015 3:44:24 AM #

SO cute....I am way behind on Easter cards too!!!  I love how you gave one chick a little flower to carry...adorable!

Beth Beard
Beth BeardUnited States
3/31/2015 4:07:09 AM #

The chicks are adorable. Well done! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Pals Paper Arts.

Mike
MikeUnited States
3/31/2015 6:44:31 PM #

So cute Joanne!  Love the chicks.  I was racking my brain how to make the chicks yellow, but the eggs a different color!  DUH!  Thanks for playing with Pals Paper Arts!

Peggy Noe
Peggy NoeUnited States
4/2/2015 4:19:09 AM #

Joanne, those little eggs and chickens are SO darling!  This is a sweet Easter card anyone would love to receive!  Thanks so much for playing with us this week at Pals Paper Arts!

Shannon Jaramillo
Shannon JaramilloUnited States
4/2/2015 10:44:20 PM #

Great idea to mask the chicks off and add just a few! I love the fussy cut eggshells, too cute! Such a fun Easter card!

Nance Leedy
Nance LeedyUnited States
4/3/2015 12:47:10 PM #

Joanne, this card is darling!  I love your row of peeps with their fancy eggshells.  The colors, the design, the layout, it's all fun and fresh!  A perfect Easter card.  Great job with the challenge!

jaydee
jaydeeUnited States
4/3/2015 9:17:30 PM #

Joanne, what a perfect Easter card.  Those peeps are fabulous in their beautifully colored eggshells.  Love it!
hugs
jaydee

Anne Marie Hile
Anne Marie HileUnited States
4/4/2015 5:26:37 AM #

SO cute! I love the cheery colors and the clean design. Such a fun Easter card!

Christmastime Is Here - an exclusive collection of fabulous festive florals that will be available will supplies last from November 1st!

Current November hostess code: