Hats Off To You Masculine Birthday Card

by Joanne James24. February 2015 08:45

I'm here today to share my card for this week's challenge over at Create With Connie and Mary where they have a rather interesting sketch to play along with this week:

I've been playing with my new 'Guy Greetings' stamp set this week, in preparation for my next stamp-a-stack class which is featuring masculine cards and I decided that this sketch would work perfectly with a trio of hats - take a look at my card to see what I mean:

I went for a monochromatic look for my card with a Very Vanilla base and a piece of striped Typeset paper, set beneath another layer of Very Vanilla cut at an angle. I masked the hat stamp and inked three of the six hats and stamped them above a piece of black cardstock cut at an angle, then stamped my greeting on the Vanilla base panel. I finished my black strip with a trio of Very Vanilla candy dots. Clean and simple and I like it!

Back tomorrow with another project; until then, happy stampin'!

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

Cards | Stamping

Sandy M
Sandy MUnited States
2/24/2015 7:55:42 PM #

Oooh I love this Joanne! Great take on the sketch!

melissa davies
melissa daviesUnited States
2/25/2015 11:56:01 AM #

I just put my set together yesterday! I love the slick and sophisticated look of the black & white! Thanks for the inspiration and thanks for joining us in the Sketch Challenge this week at Create with Connie and Mary!

Connie Babbert
Connie BabbertUnited States
2/25/2015 12:57:09 PM #

Oh...those hats are PERFECT for the sketch!  I've been debating on whether or not I want this set...but I adore your card!  Love that hint of DSP in the border, too!  Thanks for playing along with the sketch challenge this week on Create with Connie and Mary!

Debbie Henderson
Debbie HendersonUnited States
2/25/2015 1:14:19 PM #

Love what you did with this stamp set, lovely masculine card! Thanks for playing with us at Create with Connie & Mary!

Nicole Tugrul
Nicole TugrulUnited States
2/25/2015 1:25:18 PM #

I love it!!!!  Using the trio of hats is just so clever!  And I love the black and white colors keeping the card crisp and clean!!  Thanks so much for joining the sketch challenge this week at Create with Connie and Mary!

Deb
DebUnited States
2/25/2015 1:44:13 PM #

I just got this set! Love what you did with it here! Such a classic card! I love it!! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

Mary Brown
Mary BrownUnited States
2/25/2015 9:47:45 PM #

Oh my word this is so cool!  I love how the diagonal striped paper works behind your panel and the use of the hats for the 3 elements!  Thanks for playing along this week in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

Margaret Raburn
Margaret RaburnUnited States
2/26/2015 1:24:16 AM #

I love the effect from the stripes peeking out from behind the front layer and the three hats are so perfect as the three design elements!  Very sophisticated and handsome!  Thanks for joining us for the sketch challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

Christmastime Is Here - an exclusive collection of fabulous festive florals that will be available will supplies last from November 1st!

Current October hostess code: