Love, Hugs and Kisses Valentines Card

by Joanne James11. February 2015 09:15

I still have a couple more Valentine's cards to share with you this week, all of them quick and easy to execute though if you are making a last-minute card for your loved one! Today's card has been made using this week's sketch over at CAS(E) This Sketch and I am also entering it into the 'Hugs and Kisses' challenge over at Addicted to CAS and the colour challenge at Can You CASE IT:

This is one of those 'go to' sketch layouts for clean and simple cards and is also great for showcasing designer series paper, as I've done here with the hugs & kisses pattern from the 'Stacked With Love' DSP stack. Take a look:

For the other half of my base layer, I used another of the black and white patterns in the stack, and used a heart framelit to create a die cut in my top red layer that allowed an element of the paper design to show through. I finished my card with a 'vintage' love die cut with my now retired Expressions thinlits - these are still available on the clearance rack and can be picked up for a bargain £13.79 and lastly rounded the bottom right corner of my card. Not a stamp in sight either - no risk of inky fingers with this one!

Simple but effective I hope you will agree! Back tomorrow with another Valentine's card to share with you; until then, happy stampin'!

Eva Bussom
Eva BussomUnited States
2/11/2015 4:42:02 PM #

Joanne, Awesome card, love the detail in the heart! Thanks for joining us at CYCI! Smile Eva

Diana Eichfeld
Diana EichfeldUnited States
2/11/2015 5:30:31 PM #

Lovely card, simple and elegant!   Thanks for playing along with this weeks Can You Case It? challenge.

Leigh Penner
Leigh PennerCanada
2/11/2015 11:07:29 PM #

Oh, this is fabulous! Wonderful take on the sketch!

Cindi Copeland
Cindi CopelandUnited States
2/12/2015 4:02:40 AM #

I'm always impressed when someone can combine three challenges in one card! Thanks for playing with us this week at Can You Case It?

Kylie
KylieAustralia
2/12/2015 4:44:03 AM #

Love this card. Beautifully designed and even with the patterned paper, so wonderfully CAS! Thanks so much for playing along at ATCAS xx

Terri Takashige
Terri TakashigeUnited States
2/12/2015 5:17:37 AM #

Love how you spotlighted the heart!  Thanks for joining us at canyoucaseit.com!

Carolyn Lindenmayer
Carolyn LindenmayerAustralia
2/12/2015 9:57:22 AM #

Hi Joanne, I love the clean lines of your card.  The patterned border balances out the red front nicely and the heart cutout is cute.   Thanks for joining us this week at Can You Case It?  Carolyn xx

Deepti
DeeptiUnited States
2/12/2015 1:58:13 PM #

This is simply perfect, love the cross stitch heart in the negative space Smile Thank you for sharing with ATCAS!

Barb Ghig
Barb GhigUnited States
2/12/2015 5:46:42 PM #

This is such a beautiful card, Joanne! I love how you played with your dies and the papers and color combo are really stunning! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at Addicted to CAS!

Kim Ryden
Kim RydenUnited States
2/12/2015 9:49:59 PM #

Love your card this week!  Thanks for playing with us this week at Can You Case It?!

Tina L
Tina LUnited States
2/12/2015 9:50:52 PM #

Super cute!  I love the xoxo DSP.  Thanks for joining us at CYCI

Tammy Hein
Tammy HeinUnited States
2/13/2015 12:31:56 AM #

Beautiful card!

Autumn Winter Catalogue

Current September hostess code:

TSEGA7FU

The Stampin' Cut And Emboss Machine (standard size) Is Here!

Crafting has never looked this good! Contact me to get yours today.

Paper Pumpkin Is Here!