Celebrate Your Birthday With Cake!

by Joanne James9. January 2015 21:46

Friday already - where did that week go?! I've had a lovely day today, with lots of people coming and going for my informal open house to showcase the best of this year's Stampin' Up! Sale-A-Bration offering. Today's card is one that I designed for this week's challenge over at Fusion where they are celebrating their first birthday - I used the photo inspiration but not the sketch, instead using the sketch over at Retrosketches this week for my layout:

The photo inspiration was the perfect opportunity to make a card with my new Chalkbox Chalk inks and blackboard paper, along with the 'Big Day' stamp set - yours free with each purchase of £45 or more during Sale-A-Bration. Here is my card:

On a base of Pink Pirouette, I added a few layers including another of the great patterns from the 'Stacked with Love' DSP stack. I stamped my chalkboard using Rose Coral chalk ink on blackboard paper, stamping the banner separately in pink and stepping up on dimensionals. I added a side tag, stamped with a sentiment from 'Simply Wonderful', another Sale-A-Bration set. I stamped the cake on pink cardstock and coloured with my Blendabilities pens and popped this up on glue dots. I also decorated the inside (but forgot to photograph it - doh!) The chalk inks have a lovely finish on the smooth blackboard paper that give a rather realistic finish.

I hope you like today's card; my technique class next week is featuring chalk inks and by popular request from my class ladies today this will be one of the cards that we will be making! If you live in or around Northampton and would like to join me for one of my classes, You can find my 2015 updated class schedule here. Crafters of all abilities are welcome so whether you've stamped before or fancy trying out a new hobby, do get in touch to find out more. We would love you to join us! Back tomorrow with another project. Until then, happy stampin'!

Kathy James
Kathy JamesUnited Kingdom
1/10/2015 9:10:58 PM #

Love this card - it looks even better in real life.  Can't wait until Monday for our class - hope my card looks as good as yours!

Joanne JamesUnited Kingdom
1/10/2015 10:11:41 PM #

Thanks - I'm sure yours will look just as good!

Michelle W
Michelle WAustralia
1/13/2015 9:23:34 AM #

Wow! What a gorgeous card! I love it! Thanks for joining us at Fusion!

Joanne JamesUnited Kingdom
1/16/2015 9:16:16 PM #

Thanks Michelle - so glad you like it; great photo inspiration this week!

Darnell J Knauss
Darnell J KnaussUnited States
1/15/2015 6:12:01 PM #

Perfect in every way, Joanne! Your execution is flawless! It's worthy of the HM honor from Fusion!! Congratulations!! Hugs, Darnell

Joanne JamesUnited Kingdom
1/16/2015 9:17:09 PM #

Darnell you are just the sweetest! Thanks so much for popping by to leave a kind word as always - I'm thrilled to get an HM mention at Fusion this week! xx

Autumn Winter Catalogue

Current September hostess code:

TSEGA7FU

The Stampin' Cut And Emboss Machine (standard size) Is Here!

Crafting has never looked this good! Contact me to get yours today.

Paper Pumpkin Is Here!