Nordic Noel Christmas Card for The Paper Players

by Joanne James23. November 2014 07:00

It's Sunday and time for another challenge over at The Paper Players where this week LeAnne has a great sketch for us:

Sketch challenges are my absolute favourite and I had tons of ideas for this one; you may see some of the others later this week, but for today I'm sharing this Christmas card featuring some of my favourite Nordic Noel designer series paper:

I kept my layout really simple as the paper is quite busy, but used lots of layers to incorprate the colours in the DSP. I added a piece of white seam binding ribbon tied with some baker's twine and a Nordic Noel button and to the bottom opposing corner a co-ordinating ornament in Garden Green that I stamped in Versamark and heat embossed in white, with a trio of pearls coloured with my Cherry Cobbler Blendabilities for effect. A sentiment from 'Good Greetings' finishes off my card.

I'm off to hockey and then have a date with an overflowing basket of ironing this afternoon. If you have something altogether more fun lined up and have time for a spot of crafting, then check out the cards by the other Paper Players designers this week for some great inspiration and then see what you can come up with? We would love to see you in the gallery this week.

Back tomorrow with another project; until then, happy stampin'!

~amy~
~amy~United States
11/23/2014 11:21:03 AM #

Love your take on the sketch...such sweet details!

Joanne JamesUnited Kingdom
11/24/2014 8:59:11 PM #

Thanks Amy!

11/23/2014 2:21:54 PM #

Joanne, I adore your take on the sketch!  The seam binding under the button is fabulous!  GREAT card!  XX

Joanne JamesUnited Kingdom
11/24/2014 8:59:36 PM #

Thanks so much! I love this sketch Claire, I was spoilt for choice!

Yapha
YaphaUnited States
11/23/2014 3:41:03 PM #

Absolutely gorgeous, Joanne. I love how you colored on the pearls!

Joanne JamesUnited Kingdom
11/24/2014 9:00:30 PM #

Thanks Yapha! I was tempted to leave the bauble plain, but I'm addicted to my Blendabilities, both for colouring in and colouring other things and just couldn't resist!

11/23/2014 6:36:57 PM #

Oh my, how fun is this!  Great DSP, beautiful button & ribbon, sweet embellishment and a perfect sentiment!  Love it!

Joanne JamesUnited Kingdom
11/24/2014 9:01:02 PM #

Thanks LeAnne - sketches are my absolute favourite and this one is just great!!

Laurie schmidt
Laurie schmidtUnited States
11/23/2014 7:02:27 PM #

I love the paper you chose, along with the button and ribbon...awesome Christmas card!

Joanne JamesUnited Kingdom
11/24/2014 9:02:17 PM #

Thanks Laurie - needed another Christmas card to add to my stash, so the opportunity was too good to pass up!

Sandy M
Sandy MUnited States
11/25/2014 8:19:24 PM #

This is so sweet, Joanne! I like how you focused on the patterned paper, and the embellishments are so perfectly coordinated.

Joanne JamesUnited Kingdom
11/26/2014 10:04:54 AM #

Thanks Sandy - I love it when co-ordinated bits and pieces make this kind of card so easy!

Nance Leedy
Nance LeedyUnited States
11/25/2014 10:57:23 PM #

Joanne, the scale of this card--from the button to the ornament is perfectly sweet.  Love this paper and the colors are so cheerful and well...merry!  Love this one!

Joanne JamesUnited Kingdom
11/26/2014 10:07:46 AM #

Thanks Nance - I love this sketch and this paper is some of my favourite!

Ann Schach
Ann SchachUnited States
11/27/2014 6:16:02 AM #

I love how you focused on the paper, Joanne! You pulled great colors from the pattern...it all works so well together.  Of course, the pearls are the perfect touch...along with the button and ribbon.

Joanne JamesUnited Kingdom
11/27/2014 9:05:59 PM #

Thanks Ann. I love the colours in this paper stack and the bold patterns. I thought of you as I took out my pearls Smile I'm kind of addicted to colouring mine though!

Andrea W
Andrea WUnited States
11/28/2014 5:29:43 AM #

Coloring the pearls added the perfect pop of color on your ornament. Lovely clean card Joanne!

jaydee
jaydeeUnited States
11/29/2014 1:05:07 AM #

Joanne
I love how you showcased this fabulous DSP and the pearls are just perfect.  I am in love with the colors, too!  Fabulous card
Hugs
Jaydee

Autumn Winter Catalogue

Current September hostess code:

ZMKAG7P2

The Stampin' Cut And Emboss Machine (standard size) Is Here!

Crafting has never looked this good! Contact me to get yours today.

Paper Pumpkin Is Here!