Happy Hauntings - Boo! Halloween Card

by Joanne James13. October 2014 10:19

Monday already - where does the time go?! This week promises to be full of fun and excitement, but for today there is lots to be done! I have a Stampin' Up! party to prepare for this evening and I need to put the finishing touches to tomorrow's project class, so a nice early blog post is most definitely the order of the day! As Halloween approaches, lots of the current colour challenges have colour palettes to match - today's card uses this week's colours over at Pals Paper Arts and this week's CAS(E) This Sketch:

There are some great examples on the challenge page where these colours have been used in a non-traditional way, but I decided to stick with the spooky theme and create another Halloween card - take a look:

I used a base of Basic Black cardstock, then used a panel of Tangelo Twist that is narrower than the base and popped up on dimensionals. I used my little letter thinlits to cut the word 'BOO' out of the length of the orange cardstock, then I used my Fun Fall framelits to cut two ghosts out of Very Vanilla and adhered these to the edge of the Tangelo Twist piece, aligning the 'O's to look like the ghost's mouth - they really look like they're floating off the edge of the card. I finished with a stamped sentiment and tied some black and white baker's twine around the Tangelo Twist layer and tied in a bow.

Whilst I used the negative space of the die cut letters for my card, the letters themselves didn't go to waste - I stamped some bats from 'Freaky Friends' onto a Very Vanilla envelope then adhered my 'Boo!' on top to add interest. Waste not, want not, as the saying goes!

I hope you like today's fun spooky card; back tomorrow with something altogether more Christmassy! Until then, happy stampin'!

Windy Ellard
Windy EllardUnited States
10/13/2014 1:23:01 PM #

SO creative..love your ghosts!  Thanks for joining the Pals color challenge this week!

10/15/2014 9:49:08 AM #

Thanks Windy - typical I know, but I could resist going with Halloween with this colour palette!

Cindy Brumbaugh
Cindy BrumbaughUnited States
10/13/2014 7:20:34 PM #

WOW! Such a creative take on the sketch, Miss Joanne! My eyes popped open wide when I saw it!

10/15/2014 9:49:57 AM #

Why thank you Cindy - funny what you see sometimes when you look at a sketch isn't it? I love how this one turned out!

Leigh Penner
Leigh PennerCanada
10/14/2014 9:38:09 PM #

Oh, so cute! I love your super sweet take on the sketch! It totally makes me smile!

10/15/2014 9:50:42 AM #

Thanks Leigh - there is something quite fun about this Halloween card for sure, not scary at all!

Rae in Reno
Rae in RenoUnited States
10/16/2014 4:30:04 PM #

One of a kind, fantastic idea!   Thank you for playing with us at Pals Paper Arts for PPA223.

10/20/2014 11:10:03 PM #

Thanks Rae - it's funny what you see in a sketch sometimes, isn't it?

Hazel Hodgkins
Hazel HodgkinsAustralia
10/18/2014 11:14:31 AM #

This is one clever card! Love it!

10/20/2014 11:10:35 PM #

Thanks Hazel - so sweet of you to pop by and leave a comment - glad you like my fun Halloween card!

Autumn Winter Catalogue

Current October hostess code:

GVMFEJQ4

The Stampin' Cut And Emboss Machine (standard size) Is Here!

Crafting has never looked this good! Contact me to get yours today.

Paper Pumpkin Is Here!