Noel Christmas Card - Traditional Colours With A Modern Twist

by Joanne James27. September 2014 21:27

Hello lovely blog readers! I hope you're having a good weekend. I've spent my day preparing for my cardmaking class on Monday (more on that later in the week). I had a lovely day yesterday, the highlight of which was spending the morning at a fundraiser coffee morning held by my sister-in-law; wonderful cakes and tea in vintage china and a balloon release in memory of those we have known and loved who passed away as a result of cancer. We raised £323 in total which will go towards the charity MacMillan Cancer Support, to fund nurses to support those suffering this terrible disease, so a fantastic effort for a worthwhile cause.

Today I'm sharing my entry for this week's Merry Monday challenge, where Kathy is hosting a fun game of Christmas Bingo:

I decided to use the diagonal - red, ribbon or twine and emboss - for my card, which you can see below:

I decided to make a square card and wanted to try another sentiment-based card using the 'What's Your Type?' stamp set, this time using the word 'Noel' and more traditional Christmas colours of Real Red, Garden Green and gold. I stamped my sentiment onto Very Vanilla, with the lined elements of each letter stamped in Versamark and heat embossed in gold. I finished the 'O' with  gold button threaded with Real Red 1/4" cotton ribbon and tied in a bow.

These cards are quite fun and not at all tricky when you get the hang of aligning the various stamps to make the letters. That's all from me today; back tomorrow with my Design Team card for The Paper Players - and a bonus card!

Until then, happy stampin'!

Tags: , , , , , ,

Cards | Stamping

Kathy Schweinfurth
Kathy SchweinfurthUnited States
9/27/2014 10:28:45 PM #

What a great idea!  Love the square card and how you used that SU set to spell out Noel plus the touch of gold embossing!  Thanks so much for playing for joining us at Merry Monday!

9/27/2014 11:27:09 PM #

Thanks Kathy - I've been having some fun with these letters lately, especially on Christmas cards. Glad you like it!

Bonnie
BonnieUnited States
9/28/2014 1:08:16 AM #

What a clever way to say Noel, Joanne! Love the traditional colors and geometric shapes! Thanks for sharing this with us at Merry Monday!

9/29/2014 10:15:41 PM #

Thank you Bonnie - you ladies are encouraging me to make real progress with my Christmas cards and seasonal bingo is such fun! So glad you like my card.

Allie
AllieCanada
9/28/2014 7:41:57 AM #

Great design, Joanne! Your card really stands out in the Merry Monday gallery Smile

9/29/2014 10:16:09 PM #

Thanks Allie - I was going for bold, bright and traditional this week!

Stampin' Dj
Stampin' DjUnited States
9/28/2014 5:56:28 PM #

I used the same diagonal! I love what you did with yours. I have got to get that stamp set!

9/29/2014 10:22:15 PM #

Thanks for popping by to leave such a nice comment. I checked out yours and left a comment too - so different to mine, yet equally lovely! Christmas Bingo can be such fun!! And yes, you NEED that stamp set lol Wink

Buy 3 Get 1 Free on selected Designer Series Paper between 4th-30th September! Click here for more details.

Current September hostess code: