A Thousand Thanks For A Piano Man (or Woman!)

by Joanne James25. September 2014 14:17

A quick post from me today as I am having the busiest of weeks! Today I'm sharing my entry for this week's challenge over at 'Less is More' where this week the challenge them is 'Let's face the music and dance' and the ladies are looking for cards with a music or dance theme. Now today's card is not overly original, in that I've seen many of them on Pinterest and the internet in general for a long time, but I needed a thank you card for someone who plays piano and as I've never made one of these cards before, I thought I'd create my version which just so happens to fit the bill for this week's LIM challenge. So here's my card:

Quite difficult to photograph, so bear with me! This the front, in Basic Black, with the edge cut shaped like the lid of a grand piano, and then piano keys punched from a Word Window punch in Very Vanilla and Basic Black. Behind the cutaway section you can see the sheet music that is adhered to the inside of the card, which you can see more clearly below:

The sheet music is a piece of retired 'Modern Medley' DSP (I must confess to having hoarded the sheet music pages, I love them!), with space below for the sentiment and your message.

So a fun and simple piano card, where the 'white space' today is entirely black! Check out the other LIM entries this week for plenty of music and dance inspiration - I personally am loving the ballerinas on display!

One other thing - the Stampin' Up! UK Clearance rack updated last night - lots of new bargains at up to 80%, including 12 x 12" papers, washi tape and last season's Halloween papers and kits. You can check out all the bargains at my online store by clicking here - go and grab yourself a bargain!

Lastly, on the subject of THE Piano Man, Mr Billy Joel himself, if you're a fan and have never seen him play live, I can highly recommend it; I saw him in concert for the first time last year and can honestly say it was the best concert performance I have ever attended.

Back tomorrow with another project; until then happy stampin'!

Kathy James
Kathy JamesUnited Kingdom
9/25/2014 9:06:46 PM #

Very unusual card, but very clever and so effective, especially to send to a pianist. I really like it.

9/27/2014 11:28:15 PM #

Thanks Kathy - deceptive simple to create, but with a bit of a wow factor, which is always nice!

Sarah
SarahUnited Kingdom
9/26/2014 11:02:13 AM #

Oh WoW! Joanne
This is Grand! Love it, the shape the keys the HUGE black area then the insert too.
AMAZING and ingenious idea.
Thanks so much for sharing and taking part.
Sarah xx
Less is More

9/27/2014 11:29:16 PM #

Thank you Sarah - in the absence of any music or dance related stamps, I had to get creative! Always nice when a challenge makes you think laterally!

Sid
SidUnited Kingdom
9/26/2014 6:05:28 PM #

Great LIM card !!

9/27/2014 11:29:46 PM #

Thanks Sid - glad you like it!

Anne
AnneUnited Kingdom
9/26/2014 8:39:28 PM #

Joanne what a super card and the sentiment under the notes is great
Thank you so much for joining us this week at Less is More
Anne
LIM Designer

9/27/2014 11:30:24 PM #

Thank you Anne -  another great challenge from you ladies this week!

Chrissie
ChrissieUnited Kingdom
9/27/2014 8:54:50 AM #

Sorry my visit is rather late this week, this is great fun Joanne... really striking too!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

9/27/2014 11:30:53 PM #

Thanks Chrissie - hope you enjoyed a restful week's holiday!

Christmastime Is Here - an exclusive collection of fabulous festive florals that will be available will supplies last from November 1st!

Current November hostess code: