Freaky Friends Frankenstein CAS Halloween Card

by Joanne James22. September 2014 07:30

Happy Monday everyone! I enjoyed a restful Sunday yesterday and can honestly say I feel like I am starting the week on the front foot again for the first time in a few weeks! Today I'm sharing a cute clean and simple Halloween card that I made with this week's colours over at Colour Q and the sketch at CAS(E) this Sketch:

Despite the adorable wellie boots in the inspiration picture, when I saw this week's Colour Q colours I couldn't help but wonder if I could make them work for a Halloween card. This is what I came up with:

I stamped the Frankenstein stamp from 'Freaky Friends' in Blackberry Bliss onto some retired Summer Starfruit cardstock and fussy cut him out. I used a piece of film strip made using Calypso Coral cardstock and the On Film framelit, modified to make it smaller and placed the film strip behind my layered sentiment banner and then my figure on top. Lastly, I finished with some Blackberry Bliss bats to add to the Halloween theme.

I hope you like today's clean and simple Halloween card. I'm off to move mountains (of the craft and ironing pile variety!) Back tomorrow with another project; until then, happy stampin'!

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

Cards | Stamping

Leigh Penner
Leigh PennerCanada
9/22/2014 7:53:31 PM #

Oh, this is so cute! Fabulous take on the sketch!

9/22/2014 8:52:50 PM #

Thanks Leigh! This sketch is a keeper!

Sherrie M.
Sherrie M.United States
9/22/2014 8:34:47 PM #

Cool use of those colors...perfect for your Halloween card.

9/22/2014 8:53:57 PM #

Glad you agree Sherrie - they work for me!

9/22/2014 8:45:51 PM #

This cracks me up!  Love it!

9/22/2014 8:54:38 PM #

I know - quirky, but fun!!

Sandy M
Sandy MUnited States
9/22/2014 8:55:52 PM #

What an adorable Halloween card! You combined colors and sketch perfectly. Love it, Joanne!

9/22/2014 8:57:33 PM #

Thanks Sandy - maybe not what everyone sees with this colour palette, but I think the colours look kinda cute - perfect for Freaky Friends!

Jen Mitchell
Jen MitchellUnited States
9/23/2014 12:24:48 AM #

Cool Halloween card.  I love the bats flying around and the Frankenstein looks great!   Thanks for joining us at colourQ!

9/25/2014 8:22:40 PM #

Thanks Jen - a fun colour palette this week that was perfect for my card!

Caroline B.
Caroline B.Canada
9/23/2014 12:44:50 AM #

I LOVE all things Halloween (it is one of my son's birthday) so your card with the blackberry bats is right up my alley. The little strip of film makes one think of a horror movie...

9/25/2014 8:24:31 PM #

Oh yes Caroline - I hadn't made the horror movie connection, but so true! I have made more Halloween-themed things this year than ever before; so much lovliness to choose from! Thanks for popping by and leaving such a nice comment.

Christmastime Is Here - an exclusive collection of fabulous festive florals that will be available will supplies last from November 1st!

Current November hostess code: