Autumn Fall Wreath for The Paper Players

by Joanne James14. September 2014 08:00

Today I'm sharing my Design Team card for The Paper Players, where this week Anne Marie has chosen this beautiful Autumnal colour palette for us to work with:

I also used the sketch over at Freshly Made Sketches this week for my layout. As soon as I saw this week's colours, I knew it was time to make an Autumn wreath card using my 'Wondrous Wreath' stamp set, as I've been wanting to do one of these for ages. Here's my card:

I used Baked Brown Sugar and Cajun Craze for the leaves on my wreath and stamped the berries in Blackberry Bliss. I cut it out using my Big Shot and the co-ordinating framelits and looped some linen thread behind it before adhering it with dimensionals to my Hardwood background, stamped in Always Artichoke (this panel reminds my of a mossy whitewashed shed!). I finished my wreath with a bow in the gorgeous Blackberry Bliss satin ribbon and a sentiment panel stamped with a simple 'thanks' and decorated with a few leaves from my 'Gratitude For Days' stamp set and a couple of candy dots. I love the rustic feel of this card - so fitting for this time of year.

Do pop by the challenge blog and see how the other Paper Players designers have used this week's colour combination - there are some fabulous cards from this talented bunch of designers.

I'm still playing catch up so am looking forward to a reasonably restful day today before the onslaught of another new and action-packed week. Back tomorrow with another project; until then, happy stampin'!

Nance Leedy
Nance LeedyUnited States
9/14/2014 5:51:33 PM #

I think I love this set een more for fall wreaths than for winter ones!!  Love your use of the colors on the wreath and that big beautiful bow is perfect...great job!

9/21/2014 9:37:47 PM #

I'm inclined to agree Nance - I've seen so many wreaths in fall colours and they look just beautiful.

9/14/2014 6:59:08 PM #

Love all the fall wreaths I've been seeing with this set, and this is no exception!  I love the Hardwood background, but those little leaves you've stamped add a little sweet surprise!

9/21/2014 9:39:01 PM #

Thanks LeAnne - I've been wanting to make a fall wreath with this set and these colours were perfect. As for the leaves - I bought Gratitude For Days as something of an afterthought, yet it is my most used stamp set so far this catalogue - go figure?!

Laurie schmidt
Laurie schmidtUnited States
9/14/2014 9:23:07 PM #

I like the loops of twine...fresh and fun idea for the wreath!

9/21/2014 9:39:40 PM #

Thanks Laurie - I wanted to make it look a little rustic, so thought the twine would help!

Yapha
YaphaUnited States
9/14/2014 10:14:00 PM #

Gorgeous card, Joanne! I love the autumn wreath with the Hardwood background!

9/21/2014 9:40:01 PM #

Thanks Yapha - glad you like it!

Cindy Hall
Cindy HallUnited States
9/15/2014 2:06:20 PM #

This is the most gorgeous fall wreath card!  I love your color choices and your stamping is perfection!  Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

9/21/2014 9:40:36 PM #

Thanks Cindy! Not as 'clean' as I would have liked for FMS, but the sketch was too good to pass up!

Mike
MikeUnited States
9/15/2014 7:39:09 PM #

Love that you used the green for the background and not the wreath!  Beautifully done, I must say!

9/21/2014 9:40:55 PM #

Thanks Mike - ringing the changes, I guess!

Andrea W
Andrea WUnited States
9/16/2014 5:57:25 AM #

Your autumn colored wreath is lovely! When I first saw this set using it for fall never even crossed my mind. The more I see it used for fall, the more I want to add it to my collection. Thanks for the wonderful inspiration.

9/21/2014 9:41:41 PM #

Thanks Andrea - I think this set is more versatile than even I first thought and the co-ordinating framelits are a definite bonus!

9/16/2014 2:38:08 PM #

Oh, I love the Always Artichoke, woodgrain!  What a fabulous creation!  The twine and bow looks amazing!  I adore your card!  XX

9/21/2014 9:42:30 PM #

Thank you Claire - I'm not a big fan of Always Artichoke and don't use it often, but I like the look of it here with the other colours.

Sandy M
Sandy MUnited States
9/19/2014 1:39:16 AM #

This color palette is perfect for your autumnal wreath! Love, Joanne!

9/21/2014 9:42:49 PM #

Thank you Sandy - kind words, as always!

jaydee
jaydeeUnited States
9/19/2014 5:21:03 PM #

Love the wreath with the twine behind.  Fabulous idea.   I love the broad sentiment layer with the little leaves.  Gorgeous
Hugs
Jaydee

9/21/2014 9:43:51 PM #

Thanks Jaydee - I liked the bottom banner layer too, just added a bit more interest to the overall design.

Anne Marie Hile
Anne Marie HileUnited States
9/20/2014 5:01:32 PM #

I'm finally popping by to let you know that I loved your card this week! (Sorry, work has kept me on my toes all week...ack!) You really showcased the challenge colors beautifully and I love that fabulous twine detail behind the wreath. All around gorgeous! Smile

9/21/2014 9:44:59 PM #

Thanks Anne Marie - I am super-late in replying to all my lovely comments this week too - work so gets in the way sometimes, doesn't it lol?! I appreciate you popping by anytime!!

Autumn Winter Catalogue

Current October hostess code:

GVMFEJQ4

The Stampin' Cut And Emboss Machine (standard size) Is Here!

Crafting has never looked this good! Contact me to get yours today.

Paper Pumpkin Is Here!