Oh Snap! - A Perfect Belated Birthday Card

by Joanne James22. June 2014 16:31

Happy Monday everyone - that sure did come around again quickly! I am now officially counting down - 9 days until the launch of the new 2014-15 Stampin' Up! Annual Catalogue and more importantly 8 days until my official launch party!! You can read all about it here and I hope to see as many of you there as possible. Meanwhile, lots of jobs to do this week, the first of which is to share today's card.

I used this week's sketch layout over at Pals Paper Arts today along with the colour palette over at Create with Connie and Mary:

I've had the idea for today's card in my head for a while and the combination of the sketch and colour scheme were perfect for my card - take a look:

Having bought the Hip Notes stamp set because I thought it would come in useful with my Project Life memory keeping, I have also found a few other uses for it: the 'oh snap!' stamp seemed to tie in perfectly with the little crab from the Sea Street set to make a belated birthday card. I love these bright colours and decided to let the graphic red and yellow designer papers feature here with the Bermuda Bay as the supporting accent colour. My Banner Framelits made light work of the pennants and the same for the circles around the crab motif, which were made from a variety of framelits and punches. The card is quite simple with a very clean and layered look and I expanded on the sentiment inside the card:

I stamped this sentiment with the new Alphabet Rotary Stamp that will debut in the forthcoming annual catalogue; I love how you can use it to make quick bespoke sentiments like this to add to a card. I'd like to say as a card maker that I never forget people's birthdays, but as a number of my closest friends will attest, that is sadly not the case! Maybe I should make a few of these cards to have on standby ready for the next time I have a moment of forgetfulness!

Back tomorrow with another project; until then, happy stampin'!

* Sea Street - available 1st July

* Alphabet Rotary Stamp - available 1st July

linda callahan
linda callahanUnited States
6/23/2014 5:19:56 PM #

Cute as can be!  Fun colors!

6/24/2014 12:58:43 PM #

Thanks Linda - the sketch and colour palette seemed made for each other with this one!

Michelle Quinno
Michelle QuinnoUnited States
6/23/2014 11:33:13 PM #

This is adorable!

6/24/2014 12:59:08 PM #

Thanks Michelle - I love cards that make you smile Smile

Deb
DebUnited States
6/24/2014 1:46:05 AM #

Super cute card! I love how you used the sketch! And you layered the colors and patterns perfectly! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

6/24/2014 12:59:49 PM #

Thanks Deb - glad you like my fun card! Lots of layers but I love it!

Debbie Henderson
Debbie HendersonUnited States
6/24/2014 12:38:51 PM #

Such a cute and adorable card. Love the crab image and the designer paper looks great with the colors! Thanks for joining us at Create with Connie & Mary!

6/24/2014 1:00:51 PM #

Thanks Debbie -  I still have DSP to use up (I just can't bear to cut it) and this one works perfectly for this card!

Connie Babbert
Connie BabbertUnited States
6/24/2014 12:56:35 PM #

Cute, cute, CUTE!!!  The little crab is just darling with that sentiment...and love the layout!  I just opened up my rotary Alphabet stamp and used it, too!  I really like how you used it!  Thanks for playing along with the color challenge this week on Create with Connie and Mary!

6/24/2014 1:02:16 PM #

Glad you like it Connie! I was undecided on the Alphabet Rotary Stamp, but think it's great for custom sentiments and was really pleased how it stamped on its first outing! Looking forward to seeing what you do with yours. x

Mary Brown
Mary BrownUnited States
6/25/2014 12:23:46 AM #

How CUTE this is!  I just love the element of the little crap and the OH SNAP is the perfect sentiment!  What a bright and cheerful card!  Thanks for playing along this week in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

6/25/2014 9:28:21 AM #

Thanks Mary - sometimes I get an idea for something like this and it's so great when it all works out! I loved this colour combo - very me! xx

Nicole Tugrul
Nicole TugrulUnited States
6/25/2014 3:09:48 PM #

Your card is so stinkin' cute!!!  What a clever idea, using  "oh, snap" with the little crab...love it!!  Thanks so much for joining the color challenge this week at Create with Connie and Mary!

6/25/2014 10:19:41 PM #

Thanks Nicole - glad you like my stamp combo! Totally changes the meaning of the sentiment, but it works and this colour combo was perfect for the card that I had in mind!

Margaret Raburn
Margaret RaburnUnited States
6/26/2014 4:39:09 AM #

I love how you arranged your colors and the layout is wonderful for your image!  Such a good idea to use the rotary stamp inside for a personalized message!  Wonderful card!  Thanks for joining us for the sketch challenge this week at Create with Connie and Mary!

6/27/2014 9:16:34 AM #

Thanks Margaret for your kind comments; I think the alphabet rotary stamp will be useful for quick bespoke sentiments like this - any quicker than firing up MDS!

Autumn Winter Catalogue

Current September hostess code:

ZMKAG7P2

The Stampin' Cut And Emboss Machine (standard size) Is Here!

Crafting has never looked this good! Contact me to get yours today.

Paper Pumpkin Is Here!