Maritime Designer Series Paper Showcase Card

by Joanne James22. June 2014 15:23

Hello everyone! I can't quite believe it's Sunday already - the weekends truly go too fast these days! I've already been on a long bike ride this morning and following a BBQ lunch am actually typing today's post while sat in the garden enjoying the warm weather - bliss! Today I have another card featuring the octopus from the Sea Street stamp set, this time using this week's sketch over at Freshly Made Sketches:

There is a sheet of DSP in the new Maritime set that has a really busy pattern that can be difficult to incorporate into a project but when I saw this sketch, I thought it would provide the perfect opportunity to use it. Here is my card:

I cut a piece of DSP that showed a selection of the graphics and then sectioned it as per the sketch. I wanted to create a focal sentiment but figured it needed to be big and bold in order to stand out against the background, but at the same time not overwhelm it. I decided on a fun sentiment from the 'Really Good Greetings' stamp set which I inked up with my Stampin' Write markers alongside an off-the-edge octopus in Real Red. I matted this panel onto Night of Navy and popped up on Stampin' Dimensionals to make it stand out. I love the fun print of this DSP and am really pleased that I managed to incorporate it into today's card - these are the sheets that I normally end up keeping to admire, rather than use!

I'm also going to link this card up over at SUO Challenges where the theme is summer time - this card has a definite beach feel to me!

Back tomorrow with another project; until then, happy stampin'!

* Sea Street - Available 1st July

* Maritime DSP - Available 1st July

Tags: , , , , , , ,

Cards | Stamping

Papers & Stamps
Papers & StampsGermany
22/06/2014 19:10:49 #

Wonderfull! Thank you for this lovely inspiration
Mandy
(http://papersandstamps.de)

22/06/2014 19:32:43 #

Thanks Mandy - so glad you like it! I think this is my favourite 'sneak peek' set!

Cindy Hall
Cindy HallUnited States
23/06/2014 01:59:20 #

You're right!  That DSP is the PERFECT background for this card, and works great for the sketch, too.  Love how you did the sentiment piece.  Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

23/06/2014 11:33:13 #

Thanks Cindy - this sketch is a keeper! It's a great way to use paper featuring larger images without them getting lost in the cut!

Cindy Lovell
Cindy LovellGermany
23/06/2014 16:23:41 #

Awesome card!! Love...love the colors,the pattern and the cute image!!
Thank you for joining us at FMS!!!

24/06/2014 13:03:22 #

Thanks Cindy - I love this paper SO much! Glad you like my fun octopus card.

Mona Pendleton
Mona PendletonUnited States
23/06/2014 17:03:26 #

Super cute and fun card! Perfect match of products!

24/06/2014 13:03:50 #

I agree Mona - this stamp set and paper were truly made for each other!

Julie Gearinger
Julie GearingerUnited States
26/06/2014 04:34:21 #

I agree with the others- this is a terrific card and perfect for the FMS Sketch along with our Summer Time Challenge- thanks for playing along with us at SUO Challenges Smile

27/06/2014 09:18:00 #

Thanks Julie - I'm in love with the Maritime paper and Sea Street stamp set so linking up with you was a natural choice this month!

Current August hostess code:

K6VBCUXK

2018-19 Annual Catalogue

Click on the catalogue for a full list of current SU! supplies - if you would like to order any of the items featured, please drop me a line at joanne@thecraftyowl.co.uk or give me a call on 07773 421446 - I'd be happy to help.

Ever thought about becoming a Stampin' Up! demonstrator? For £99, you can create your own starter kit worth £130. That's £31 OF FREE PRODUCT! Stampin' Up! has something for everyone: join my growing team and benefit from my support to enjoy Stampin' Up! however you choose.