Flowerpot Fun

by Joanne James17. March 2014 21:45

I've had a great start to my week today with a pleasant morning smelling fragrances and catching up with some good friends. Today I'm sharing my entry for this week's Paper Pal Arts Colour Challenge:

When I saw these colours, I immediately thought how lovely they would be for a spring flower bouquet. I decided to get out my Secret Garden stamp set and framelits and start creating - here's my card:

Not quite a bouquet, granted - I went for a Crumb Cake flowerpot instead! I then stamped a variety of flowers, colouring some of them with ink and a blender pen and layered them, raising some of them on dimensionals, to fill my flowerpot. A few Wild Wasabi leaves to add some green and a 'For my mother' gift tag complete my card. I think this would make a lovely Mother's Day card and the flowers would certainly last longer than the real thing.

Only two more weeks until Mothering Sunday here in the UK, so if you haven't thought about your cards yet, you'd better get started! I hope you liked today's card - back tomorrow with another project; until then happy stampin'!

Diane Roberts
Diane RobertsUnited States
3/17/2014 11:55:11 PM #

Joanne, this card is absolutely fantastic!  Thanks for joining us at Pals Paper Arts this week.

3/18/2014 8:20:39 PM #

Thanks Diane - great colours this week!

Peggy Noe
Peggy NoeUnited States
3/18/2014 4:29:41 AM #

This is beautiful Joanne!  Perfect use of the colors!  Thanks for playing with us this week at Pals Paper Arts.

3/18/2014 8:21:23 PM #

Thank you Peggy - these colours were just perfect for what I had in mind this week.

Brian King
Brian KingUnited States
3/18/2014 11:23:59 AM #

Joanne,  What a beautiful collection of flowers!  Love the mix of solid and outlined flowers here.  Thanks for playing along with this week's PPA color challenge.

3/18/2014 8:22:50 PM #

Thanks Brian - I spent a relaxing half hour stamping and colouring these flowers - great Sunday morning therapy!

Ann Schach
Ann SchachUnited States
3/18/2014 3:12:23 PM #

A perfect card for Mother's Day, Joanne!  Even though it is not a bouquet, it is better because it will last forever!  You did a great job using the challenge colors. Thanks for playing at Pals Paper Arts this week!

3/18/2014 8:23:30 PM #

My thoughts exactly Ann - there's a lot to be said for everlasting paper flowers!

Nicole Watt
Nicole WattUnited States
3/19/2014 12:54:33 AM #

Fantastic work! You achieved a wonderful balance with your flowers - both in color and style. Thanks for playing with PPA this week!

3/19/2014 11:22:24 AM #

Thanks Nicole - I spent ages moving the flowers around until I was happy with them - I needed them to be 'just so'! Love the finished card though, so well worth it.

Susan Itell
Susan ItellUnited States
3/19/2014 10:36:52 AM #

WOOT-WOOT!!!! Congratulations on being a PPA winner this week! WOWZERS - I love your card....just everything about it brings a hugs smile to my face! I can feel a case coming on......Think Spring!

3/19/2014 11:24:08 AM #

Yay Susan - I'm so excited to be a PPA Artist's Pick this week!! So glad you love this card - I'm finding myself drawn to flowers more and more as I'm willing Spring to arrive too. Case away - I would be flattered Smile

Brian King
Brian KingUnited States
3/19/2014 11:51:36 AM #

Congrats on your PPA selection, Joanne!  It was destined to be a winner.  Smile

3/19/2014 7:53:07 PM #

Thanks so much Brian - from someone whose work I truly admire, that means a lot!

Michelle Quinno
Michelle QuinnoUnited States
3/19/2014 2:14:57 PM #

Beautiful card!  Congrats on being a "pick"!!

3/19/2014 7:59:57 PM #

Thanks Michelle - I'm thrilled to be honoured as a PPA "pick" with this card this week!

kathy
kathyUnited States
3/19/2014 5:23:42 PM #

This was just a beautiful card.  I may case it but I am not a fan of coloring, but do it occasionally.  You did a beautiful job.

3/19/2014 8:02:25 PM #

Thanks Kathy for your kind words! I think you could case without the colouring and it would look nice too, especially if you used something like the Secret Garden stamp set, as the flowers are a good mix of solid and line stamping so would still give lots of variety.

Autumn Winter Catalogue

Current October hostess code:

GVMFEJQ4

The Stampin' Cut And Emboss Machine (standard size) Is Here!

Crafting has never looked this good! Contact me to get yours today.

Paper Pumpkin Is Here!