Petal Parade Thank You

by Joanne James6. March 2014 22:41

Firstly, I would like to say thank you to everyone who left comments on my blog and Facebook pages in the last couple of days about my new Box Buster from The Crafty Owl tool - I'm so glad that you are all finding this tool useful. Please feel free to share with anyone and everyone you know who likes box making and has an Envelope Punch Board; it takes all the guesswork out of box making! I have another Box Buster video tutorial for you tomorrow, but meanwhile I want to share my card for this week's challenge over at The Paper Players, where Ann's theme challenge this week is to make a 'Thankful for Spring' thank you card. I decided to combine the challenge with the one over at the Fusion Card Challenge, where I used the colours in the photo and the unusual sketch layout as the inspiration for my card:

I've invested in a few new sets of flower stamps lately, so was a little spoilt for choice, but decided that the lovely Sale-A-Bration Petal Parade stamp set would work perfectly with the sketch layout. Lots of my customers have chosen this item as their free Sale-A-Bration gift so I'm keen to share ideas with them on how to use it. Here's my card:

I chose a base od Summer Starfruit, then added a Whisper White layer that I had stamped with the Petal Parade flowers. I then added a top layer in Pool Party with a circle cut using my Circle Framelits to reveal the flowers beneath. I added my simple 'thanks' sentiment to the white layer beneath the curved edge of the top layer and added the Petal Parade border stamp for definition. To finish, I added some of the Summer Starfruit Sale-A-Bration baker's twine, first punching some little notches out of the Pool Party layer with the point of my mosaic punch to ensure the twine sits flat and evenly across the front of my card.

I hope you like my card; check out the links above to see what the respective design teams have created for these challenges for some great inspiration and ideas. Back tomorrow with another Box Buster video tutorial; until then, happy stampin'!

Wendie Waldman
Wendie WaldmanUnited States
3/7/2014 1:53:04 AM #

Love this card - simple and very pretty.

3/7/2014 11:18:48 AM #

Thanks Wendie - this sketch is great for a simple layout. I was really pleased with how this card turned out.

3/7/2014 2:09:09 PM #

This is a delightful card, but I am SO EXCITED ABOUT THE BOX BUSTER!  You have just saved me HOURS of time, my friend!  You are a gem!  Thanks for sharing both of these with us at the Paper Players this week!

3/7/2014 7:23:48 PM #

Hey LeAnne - I was going to mail you about BOX BUSTER but have had a busy week! A useful tool, eh?! Time and paper saved! Glad you liked the card too Smile Hugs xx

Anne Marie Hile
Anne Marie HileUnited States
3/8/2014 5:57:04 PM #

So pretty, Joanne! I love the color combo. Thank you so much for joining us this week at the Paper Players! Smile

3/8/2014 8:51:39 PM #

Thanks Anne Marie! Glad you liked my card this week.

Michelle W
Michelle WAustralia
3/9/2014 3:58:48 AM #

What a gorgeous card! Such soft colours, and beautiful use of those stamps! Thanks for joining us at Fusion!

3/9/2014 10:16:06 PM #

Thanks Michelle - I loved the sketch at Fusion this week, very unusual. I am now following your blog and look forward to participating again soon.

Kimberly Wiener
Kimberly WienerUnited States
3/9/2014 4:08:48 AM #

This is lovely and I love the use of the new stampin' up! stamps!
Thank you for joining us at FUSION this week!

3/9/2014 10:17:30 PM #

Thank you Kimberley; I wasn't struck on the Petal Parade stamp set originally, but it's actually my most used SAB set. Funny how that happens!

Sale-A-Bration 2020

Shop, host, join - during Sale-A-Bration there's never been a better time! Offers valid until 31st March, whilst supplies last. Download your copy of the Sale-A-Bration leaflet by clicking on the image above.

Ever thought about becoming a Stampin' Up! demonstrator?For £99, you can create your own starter kit worth £130. During Sale-Bration, you will also receive a mini paper cutter, a 6"x6" Designer Series paper Sampler pack and a stamp set of your choice! Stampin' Up! has something for everyone: join my growing team and benefit from my support to enjoy Stampin' Up! however you choose.

Current January hostess code: