Scalloped Tag Meets Hardwood

by Joanne James26. February 2014 14:09

Today I've a card quite different to yesterday's - I finally caved and purchased the Hardwood background stamp, having seen so many beautiful samples of it on other people's cards and projects. I almost didn't, as I already own Woodgrain and the Wood embossing folder; but I loved the panelled effect so in my basket it went and I have inked it up for the very first time for this project. I am taking my colour inspiration from CAS Colours and Sketches this week and the tag focal point of my card was inspired by the sketch over at Retrosketches, where tags are the order of the day:

So without further ado, let me share my card with you:

With the Hardwood stamp as my neutral whitewashed background, I used a combination of Secret Garden flowers along with a little pink one from Petite Petals to decorate my tag, the tag itself being punched with the Scalloped tag Topper Punch (such a versatile punch!). I then decorated my tag with a doily, an in-colour embellishment in Strawberry Slush, a Daffodil Delight candy dot and some lovely Smoky Slate Chevron Ribbon tied with some yellow seam binding ribbon along with a double-layered sentiment tag. I'm hoping I didn't get too carried away to qualify for CAS Colours and Sketches this week - I ended up with more layering and detail than I originally intended when I started out with this card, but I must say I really like the effect and love the colour combination.

That's all from me today - back tomorrow with another project. until then, happy stampin'!

karen h
karen hUnited States
2/26/2014 6:47:24 PM #

Awesome card! Love the sweet tag and white-wood background. Thanks for joining us at CAS Colours & Sketches!

2/28/2014 11:22:52 PM #

Thanks Karen - you can get some great effects with this hardwood stamp and I am definitely partial to the whitewashed look at the moment!

Patricia Hays
Patricia HaysUnited States
2/26/2014 8:59:38 PM #

Your card is stunning!  The flowers are so pretty against that terrific woodgrain background (it reminds me of a wooden fence).  I'm glad you shared your card with us at CAS - Colours and Sketches, and I hope you'll join us again soon for another challenge! Smile

2/28/2014 11:24:08 PM #

That's so kind of you to say Patricia! I am loving the challenges over at CAS Colours & Sketches and am even managing a few of the colour challenges, which is great for someone who loves sketches Smile

Lizy
Lizy United Kingdom
2/27/2014 9:29:33 AM #

This is really pretty! I love the collage effect and the use of the Hardwood stamp! Smile
Thanks for joining us at CAS - Colours and Sketches this week! Smile
Lizy xx

2/28/2014 11:24:56 PM #

Thank you Lizy - loved the colour combo over at CAS this week!

Louise van Vuren
Louise van VurenUnited Kingdom
3/2/2014 9:21:15 AM #

This is really very pretty, love the background stamp! Super use of the colours, thanks for joining in with our challenge at C&S

Louise xx

3/2/2014 8:56:36 PM #

Thanks Louise - I can see me getting lots of use from this background stamp! Great colour challenge this week.

JOIN BETWEEN 1-24 OCTOBER AND GET A PACK OF DESIGNER SERIES PAPER FREE EACH MONTH FOR THE NEXT 6 MONTHS!!

Ever thought about becoming a Stampin' Up! demonstrator? For just £99, you can create your own starter kit worth £130. Stampin' Up! has something for everyone: join my growing team and benefit from my support to enjoy Stampin' Up! however you choose. If you're interested, call me for a chat to understand how I can help you realise your goals. Alternatively, if you have already decided to sign up and you just can't wait, please click here for the link to the online form where you can sign up and order your starter kit right away!

Autumn Winter 2014 Seasonal Catalogue

Click here for the electronic version of the new Stampin' Up! seasonal Autumn-Winter catalogue - items available until 5 January 2015:

Please contact me by phone or email me at joanne@thecraftyowl.co.uk to place an order!

2014-15 Stampin' Up Idea Book and Catalogue

Click on the catalogue for a full list of current SU! supplies - if you would like to order any of the items featured, please drop me a line at joanne@thecraftyowl.co.uk or give me a call on 07773 421446 - I'd be happy to help.

Host a Party - Free Stamp Set

Host a party with qualifying party sales of £200 or more between 28th August and 31st October and you will earn the exclusive 'Good Greetings' stamp set FREE in addition to your hostess credits:

Contact me on 07773 421446 to book your party today!

October hostess code:

SFEXF44E

2014 Autumn/Winter Supplement

Check out the new Autumn/Winter Supplement - stocks available only whilst stocks last!

This is my personal blog and is not endorsed by Stampin’ Up! I hope you find it a plentiful source of ideas and personal inspiration but please don't copy my designs for contest submission or use for classes or publication without express permission.