It's (Another) Girl!

by Joanne James24. January 2014 20:12

So today I'm sharing a card I made to welcome the latest addition to the family for some friends of mine - their fourth daughter (hence the title of my blog post today!) I decided to steer clear of the pastel pinks that are traditional for baby girl cards and go brighter; after all, when it's your fourth baby girl it's nice to ring the changes, right?! So here's my card:

I used the 'Zoo Babies' stamp set to create my montage of animals and based my colour scheme on the checked DSP from the 'Birthday Basics' set. I used paper piecing to highlight some of the animals' features, as opposed to colouring with marker, so that they would stand out against the bold patterned paper. I smiled to myself as Rebecca came to give my card her seal of approval and said "Are you going to add 'another' with your Raspberry Ripple marker Mum?" As you can see, I resisted the temptation!!

I'm linking today's card up with Less is More where the challenge this week is 'New Baby', the sketch challenge over at CAS(E) this Sketch! and Addicted to CAS, where the challenge is 'New' - well, this card is for a new baby and was created with a new (to me!) stamp set, so I think that qualifies!

Back tomorrow with another project; until then, happy stampin'!

Table built using Stampin' Up! Product Table Builder from The Crafty Owl.

Kit Marie
Kit MarieUnited States
1/24/2014 9:30:14 PM #

Really darling card!  Love your choice of colors.

1/25/2014 9:35:40 PM #

Thanks Kit Marie!

Susan
SusanCanada
1/25/2014 12:09:28 AM #

so cute! I've never given that stamp set a second look but your card has me going to look it up in the catty Smile

1/25/2014 9:40:38 PM #

That's great Susan! To be honest, I don't own many baby stamps and this one caught my eye because I thought it could work for baby but also versatile enough to work for other fun cards too.

Chrissie
ChrissieUnited Kingdom
1/25/2014 7:53:42 AM #

I'm sorry for the late visit!
This is adorable, although we do like to see areas of white space on submissions to our challenges.
Do join us again!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

1/25/2014 9:41:55 PM #

Noted Chrissie - still trying to get the hang of 'clean and simple' versus 'clean and layered' and not always getting it right. Will keep trying - thanks for the feedback!

Sandie
SandieUnited Kingdom
1/26/2014 4:20:50 PM #

Great idea to go with different colours for their fourth baby! And the animals are so cute. Thanks for joining us at ATCAS

1/26/2014 8:44:30 PM #

Thanks Sandie - with a fourth daughter it was definitely time to ring the changes!

Leigh Penner
Leigh PennerCanada
1/29/2014 5:04:07 PM #

Oh, this is perfect! I love it! Great take on the sketch!

1/29/2014 8:02:29 PM #

Thanks Leigh - I love a good sketch challenge!

Christmastime Is Here - an exclusive collection of fabulous festive florals that will be available will supplies last from November 1st!

Current November hostess code: