Autumn Thankful Card

by Joanne James1. October 2013 12:34

I promised a creative post today (technically this is a bonus, as I already shared some MDS creativity with you earlier, but I'm not one to split hairs :-)), so here it is. I was inspired by the fabulous autumnal cards I'm seeing on the internet at the moment and when I saw the colour challenge at Create with Connie and Mary this week I thought I'd join in. So here's the colour palette for this week's challenge:

I don't own any of the lovely leafy stamp sets in the current annual and seasonal catalogues (shock, horror!), but I am still the proud owner of a retired 'French Foliage' stamp set, so I combined this set with one of the fabulous new thinlits to create my card:

I stamped off the leaves on some scrap paper first to give a less intense colour, then used the 'thankful' thinlit, layered on some burlap and chevron ribbon to create the true focal point for my card. I love these thinlits and think the 'thankful' just pops on this card in the Bermuda Bay colour cardstock! My top tip to release the cut card easily from the thinlit is to line it with waxed paper first, which enables it to press out easily.

I am also linking this card up to CAS(E) This Sketch #47 this week, where the layout sketch is as follows:

If you would like to purchase any of the supplies used to make this card (except for the stamp set, although there are lots of similar current sets available) please click on the item links to my online store below. My children have a harvest festival at school today and this reminds us all it is a good time to give thanks. I'm sure you, like me, have lots to be thankful for so readers, crafters and customers alike - this card is for you! Back tomorrow with more creative loveliness! Until then, happy stampin'!

Stampin' Up Supplies Used:

Expressions Thinlits Dies1-1/4 Burlap RibbonCrushed Curry 3/4 Chevron Ribbon

Crushed Curry Classic Stampin' PadCajun Craze Classic Stampin' Pad

Mary Brown
Mary BrownUnited States
10/2/2013 1:36:08 AM #

Oh I just love how you layered your ribbon and then added the expression thinklit on top...WOW!!!  That looks AMAZING!!  Thanks for playing along this week in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

Lisa Martz
Lisa MartzUnited States
10/2/2013 3:46:08 AM #

So much to like about this card...your leaf placement, the textures provided by the two different ribbons and then the thankful thinlit on top of it all.  Very pretty.  Thanks for playing the Create with Connie and Mary color challenge this week!

Deb
DebUnited States
10/2/2013 1:09:50 PM #

This is gorgeous! Love the stamped leaves and the layers of ribbon! The thinlit just pops against the chevron ribbon! Love it!! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

Lisa Young
Lisa YoungUnited States
10/2/2013 1:25:24 PM #

You did an awesome job with the colors. I love French Foliage stamp set and hated to see it retire so this card really stands out to me. Love how you added the sentiment over the burlap ribbon. Beautiful card! Thanks for joining us this week at Create with Connie and Mary.

10/2/2013 10:44:45 PM #

Thank you ladies for your kind comments! I've enjoyed some of the lovely autumn-inspired cards at Create with Connie and Mary lately and I just loved this week's colour combination. So glad you liked my card.

Connie Babbert
Connie BabbertUnited States
10/2/2013 10:51:28 PM #

I LOVE French Foliage...one that will stay in my collection!  Gorgeous card, love the lineup of leaves across the bottom and top...and that thankful resting on top of the Chevron Ribbon and Burlap!  So creative!  Thanks for playing along with the color challenge this week on Create with Connie and Mary!

Margaret Raburn
Margaret RaburnUnited States
10/3/2013 12:04:43 AM #

Love this set even if it is retired... it's classic!   Your card is lovely and I really admire how you layered the ribbons then featured the Bermuda Bay Thinlit on top.  Fabulous idea!   Thanks for joining us this week for the color challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

Leigh Penner
Leigh PennerCanada
10/3/2013 6:20:46 PM #

I love this-- it's so pretty! I especially love that diecut sentiment!
Thanks so much playing along with CAS(E) this Sketch!

Betty J.
Betty J.Germany
10/4/2013 2:07:08 PM #

Lovely card. Your stamped background is beautiful and I love your banner creation in the middle. Thanks for playing along with us in the CAS(E) this sketch! challenge and hope to see you again.

Current July hostess code:

WPMS44B7

Bonus Days Are Back!

Spend £45 or more in July and receive a £4.50 voucher to use against August purchases. Read more here

Coming Soon!

The new Stampin' Up! Autumn Winter catalogue launches on 4th August - you will be able to download your copy here!

Paper Pumpkin Is Coming!