Timeless Tulips Easter Card PP535

by Joanne James4. April 2021 09:00

Today it's Easter Sunday and time for this week's new challenge over at The Paper Players! It's the turn of the fabulous Jaydee to host this week and she has a timely theme challenge for you to work with:

For me tulips, along with daffodils, are the epitome of spring flowers.I don't have any current daffodil stamps so I decided to go with tulips. I used the sketch layout over at Inspire.Create and the Easter colour inspiration over at Color Dare, choosing bright Magenta tulips with green leaves and a subtle So Saffron spots and stripes background, inspired by those yellow marshmallow bunnies in the photo. Here's my card:

Timeless Tulips - I used the 'Timeless Tulips' stamp set for my flowers, stamping the stems in Granny Apple Green directly onto my panel and the either punching or fussy cutting my flower heads and leaves. I also added a couple of frosted epoxy droplets to mimic raindrops:

Ornate Layers - I mounted my bunch of tulips onto a white panel cut with one of the Ornate Layers Dies; I like the small amount of detail around the panel - just enough to add interest without detracting from my flowers. I heat-embossed my sentiment, also from the Timeless Tulips stamp set, and snipped it into pieces, adding the first two pieces to the front of my card then stamping the remainder inside with a small tulip bud for decoration:

Raffia Ribbon - You may not recognise the ribbon that I used to tie a bow around my bunch of blooms; it's actually a strip of In Colour Magenta Madness 1/4" Ribbon. I cut the edge off and stripped the vertical strands away to create a soft, raffia-like bunch of threads to make my bow. I love to try and use our ribbons in different ways - do you ever do things like this with items in your stash?

Here's a quick recap of our challenge rules:

1.  Create a new paper project
3.  Please link your card to no more than four challenges, TOTAL.
4.  Have FUN!

Enjoy your day; today I am looking forward to a delicious Sunday roast and the obligatory traditional Easter egg hunt, amongst other things - I'm not sure my children will ever outgrow this activity, especially not when there's chocolate involved! I'll be back tomorrow with another project. Until then, happy stampin'!

Ann Schach
Ann SchachUnited States
4/4/2021 2:42:54 PM #

A beautiful spring card, Joanne! These are great colors together. Using the both the stripes and the polka dot patterns in So Saffron adds so much interest. The Ornate Layer is the perfect backdrop for the gorgeous tulips. Happy Easter!

Deborah Wheeler
Deborah WheelerUnited Kingdom
4/4/2021 4:32:15 PM #

That's so pretty - love the soft colours.  Happy Easter!

Jan Clothier
Jan ClothierNew Zealand
4/5/2021 4:20:38 AM #

Beautiful! I really like the mixed patterns of DSP in the background and that sassily frayed bow.

Nancy
NancyUnited States
4/5/2021 8:10:38 PM #

So pretty Joanne! Love the bold pink tulips and matching thread.  That rectangle die-cut is fabulous as well! I would use that a lot! Have a wonderful day!

Steph Mortimer
Steph MortimerUnited Kingdom
4/6/2021 4:40:34 PM #

A beautiful card and a perfect match for our colours as well as being very closely linked to the inspiration photo! Perfect. Thanks for playing along with Color My Heart Color Dare. X

Vicky
VickyUnited Kingdom
4/6/2021 4:52:40 PM #

I adore yellow and pink together Joanne and I love your pretty tulips with their fabulous bow and the added 'raindrops'. You made me smile with the Easter Egg Hunt - even I am not too old to hunt for chocolate!! Eva gets to hunt for carrots instead Smile Vicky x

Laurie schmidt
Laurie schmidtUnited States
4/6/2021 7:52:08 PM #

I just love your pretty tulip card!! Hope you had a fun Easter!

4/7/2021 7:02:41 PM #

These tulips are just beautiful!  I love your yellow background as well, and the epoxy drops really do look like dew!  SO pretty!

Michelle Loncar
Michelle LoncarUnited States
4/8/2021 3:46:09 PM #

This is a beautiful card! Thanks for sharing at Color Dare.

4/8/2021 9:56:45 PM #

Joanne, My Addison  loves your card.  She loves pink and yellow together! I do, too!  The polka dots and tulips are my favorites!  Such a happy card that shouts Spring!  I hope you have a great rest of the week!

Amanda Mertz
Amanda MertzUnited States
4/9/2021 6:55:29 PM #

Perfect bunch of tulips!   I love that your colors are kind of muted and soft and the tone on tone DSP is perfect!  Love that ribbon treatment too!  Have a great weekend!

Suzanne Reynolds
Suzanne ReynoldsUnited States
4/9/2021 11:14:12 PM #

Your tulips and combination of soft muted colors are so pretty... lovely card. Thanks for sharing with us at Color Dare.

January-June 2021 Mini Catalogue

The new Stampin' Up! January-June 2021 Mini Catalogue is here - click on the image to download your copy!

Current April hostess code:

3XTNB243

Stampin Cut and Emboss

The Mini Stampin' Cut And Emboss Machine Is Here!

Crafting has never looked this good! Contact me to get yours today. Available from January 5th.

Sale-A-Bration 2021 Is Here!

Sale-A-Bration is here! Choose a FREE product with every £45 or £90 you spend between 5 January-28 February. Click on the image above to view the brochure!