Reindeer Clip Clean And Simple Christmas Cards

by Joanne James17. November 2020 17:30

Today I'm sharing a card for the current challenge over at CASology where I haven't played in a while that also uses the sketch over at Paper Craft Crew:

Vertical Sketch Challenge PCC401

I loved the sketch over at PCC this week and knew it would be perfect for me to use up some fun reindeer paper clips that I had lurking in my embellishment drawer - take a look:

Cute, right?! Here's the low-down on today's card:

I loved these little reindeer clips when they came out a few years ago and must confess to having hoarded a few containers of them when they retired. The sketch was just perfect to add one to a square of Soft Suede and embellish with some gold twine, a strip of brushed metallic cardstock and some gold gilded gems - oh and an 'All The Trimmings' red enamel dot to make my stag a Rudolf ;-) I paired it with a simple block 'MERRY' sentiment from the super-useful 'Peace and Joy' stamp set for for an additional pop of festive colour:

I added some simple stamping to the inside using other words from the same stamp set:

And I was done! Quite simple really but I think the reindeer paper clip makes a fun focal point in and of itself.

When I'd finished my card, I liked it so much I made a couple more - I also used glitter enamel dots on one of them:

I'm now building my Christmas card stash at a pace - hoping to get them all in the post nice and early this year for a change, I figure we could all do with a little early festive cheer!

Enjoy the rest of your day; I'm off to watch the Great British Bake Off semi-final tonight, so looking forward to drooling over their makes and bakes, especially as it's patisserie week! I'll be back tomorrow with another project. Until then, happy stampin'!

11/17/2020 8:15:37 PM #

This is AMAZING and will certainly be a winner!  I am tempted to buy that stamp set/bundle just for those cute little words!

11/18/2020 12:02:56 AM #

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this card!  I may have to CAS this one!!!!!!!!!  SMILE!!!!!!

Joyce
JoyceUnited States
11/18/2020 5:16:00 PM #

This is really wonderful.  I don't think I have ever seen a reindeer paper clip, and now I can't imagine living without them!  Really cute card and perfect for our challenge.  Thanks so much for playing along at CASology.

Sue Symens
Sue SymensUnited States
11/18/2020 6:33:02 PM #

Love everything about this card! Thanks for playing along with us on the CASology Challenge blog.

Deborah Wheeler
Deborah WheelerUnited Kingdom
11/18/2020 10:33:13 PM #

That is so cute - made me smile!

Jan Musselman
Jan MusselmanUnited States
11/24/2020 3:24:25 PM #

Super cute card, Joanne! I remember those clips. Thanks for joining the Paper Craft Crew this week!

Autumn Winter Catalogue

Current November hostess code:

469YSGD2

The Stampin' Cut And Emboss Machine (standard size) Is Here!

Crafting has never looked this good! Contact me to get yours today.

Paper Pumpkin Is Here!

Share joy with the global Joy To The World Paper Pumpkin Kit! Available 3 November whilst stocks last!