Plush Poinsettia Specialty Paper Banner Christmas Card

by Joanne James9. November 2020 19:25

Happy Monday everyone! I had a fun card class this morning and encouraged by the ladies on my call (thank you Deborah!), instead of getting on with my household chores this afternoon, whilst the edited recording of my class video was rendering I decided to make a 'quick' card which has resulted in an extra post for today because I used the current Freshly Made Sketches layout so I'm squeezing in a link up:

I'd been mulling over what to feature on Judy's banner element and finally settled on some of the gorgeous Plush Poinsettia specialty paper - take a look:

This card wouldn't take long at all if I was to make it again from scratch, but I spent ages procrastinating over colours and backgrounds so it ended up taking way longer than it should have! It really is pretty straightforward: a banner of the lovely textured flocked white vellum, popped up on a panel of Real Red and a Whisper White card base, with a white-on-red heat-embossed sentiment from the Poinsettia Petals stamp set on some stitched rectangles, with a final embellishment of some sheer ribbon tied with two tiny (retired) jingle bells from my stash because I felt without it my card, whilst beautifully 'clean', was lacking a little something.

Here's another view of that gorgeous paper, even though I'm not sure the camera really does it justice:

I'll be back shortly with the post that I actually intended for today! Until then, happy stampin'!

Jen Brum
Jen BrumCanada
11/9/2020 11:08:52 PM #

What a sweet Christmas card!  I just love the red and white combination!  Those little jingle bells are the perfect accent!   Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Judy Rozema
Judy RozemaUnited States
11/10/2020 8:08:02 AM #

That vellum is gorgeous! Such a pretty and elegant card. I love the little bells! Thank you for playing along with my sketch this week at FMS!

Vicky
VickyUnited Kingdom
11/10/2020 8:10:03 PM #

Oh so pretty! I love the flocked vellum banner and your beautiful ribbon and bell embellishment. Vicky x

Linda Callahan
Linda CallahanUnited States
11/11/2020 1:44:40 AM #

I think I am going to CASE your card totally for my Christmas card stash!  I have been unsure what to do with that flocked paper - this is lovely!

Jan Clothier
Jan ClothierNew Zealand
11/12/2020 10:02:15 PM #

Oh, I like this! The Plush Poinsettia paper is SO fabulous. I always used it alone or white-on-white but it looks a treat over a strong colour.

Autumn Winter Catalogue

Current November hostess code:

469YSGD2

The Stampin' Cut And Emboss Machine (standard size) Is Here!

Crafting has never looked this good! Contact me to get yours today.

Paper Pumpkin Is Here!

Share joy with the global Joy To The World Paper Pumpkin Kit! Available 3 November whilst stocks last!