Banner Year Happy Fall Autumn Card

by Joanne James10. September 2020 12:00

Today I'm sharing a super quick clean and simple card for a few challenges:

Thursday already?! I've tried to write this post since Tuesday and I've barely come up for air! So I'm getting to it now before I head back out on the school run again!! I started with those rich Autumn colours over at Fab Friday and the Festive Friday Inspo List - I chose leaves, acorns, squirrels, stitching and brown - to make a card inspired by the changing seasons - take a look:

Sights and Sounds of Autumn - The above challenges were perfect for an Autumnal card and I decided to go super simple with mine - that's where the Banner Year' stamp set comes in. Easily overlooked because of the fabulous banner punch that it pairs with, it has lots of fun images and is great for creating seasonal cards for this time of year. Each of the four images, and the sentiment on this card, comes from this set.

Rich Colours - Sometimes a restricted colour palette is a great way to create focus on your project. I used each of the colours and either stamped the image wholly in one colour, in pairs of colours or for the leaf I created a proper leaf full of autumn colour by sponging the stamp in all three colours to create a variegated effect.

September - My card is so simple there really isn't anything else to add - except that I am also linking up with the lovely peeps over at CASology where the theme is 'September' - my September is full of birthdays, back to school, class and retreat preparation, but is also a time as I drive through the countryside on my school run to admire the colouring of the falling leaves and squirrels (sadly only grey ones here in the UK) as they go about their pre-hibernation activities too.

Enjoy your day and I'll be back tomorrow with another project. Until then, happy stampin'!

Tags: , , , , ,

Cards | Shop Online | Shop Stampin' Up! Online | Stamping

Amy Koenders
Amy KoendersUnited States
9/10/2020 1:22:48 PM #

So cute!  Love the inchie design, great way to use those fall colors.  Thanks for joining us at Fab Friday, hope to see you again soon!

Sue Symens
Sue SymensUnited States
9/10/2020 1:51:00 PM #

I remember the inchie craze. This fun fall card reminded me of it. Thanks for playing along with us on the CASology Challenge blog.

Heather Heroldt
Heather HeroldtUnited States
9/10/2020 1:56:06 PM #

Such precise little stamping - inchies are always so fun!  Love the CAS design!  Thanks so much for playing at Fab Friday!

Vicky
VickyUnited Kingdom
9/10/2020 3:06:29 PM #

The little tiles are the perfect way to use small images and these all work beautifully together to make a gorgeous autumn banner! The trees all seem to still be quite green here with only a few beginning to turn. Vicky x

Amanda Mertz
Amanda MertzUnited States
9/10/2020 5:00:50 PM #

I'm so glad to see I'm not the only one loving the Banner Year set!  I don't even own the punch lol!  Great use of the colors and I love the leaf with more than one color!  Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!

Jan Clothier
Jan ClothierNew Zealand
9/11/2020 10:17:15 PM #

A simple, sweet layout that could be used for any event - or season! It's strange to be thinking of autumn as the spring bulbs are coming out here and the garden is full of iris, daffodils and camellias.

Helen Jennings
Helen JenningsUnited Kingdom
9/15/2020 8:31:30 AM #

Those little images are so cute. Love this. Thanks for joining in with the Festive Friday Challenge

Judy Rozema
Judy RozemaUnited States
9/15/2020 3:52:14 PM #

I love little inchies! Still have a lot of chipboard ones that I use too. Your cards are adorable. I love the little images. Thanks for linking up at Festive Friday.

Sharon Hashimoto Burkert
Sharon Hashimoto BurkertUnited States
9/15/2020 3:56:57 PM #

Love the little images, so cute!  Thank you for playing along with the Festive Friday Challenge!

Autumn Winter Catalogue

Current September hostess code:

ZMKAG7P2

The Stampin' Cut And Emboss Machine (standard size) Is Here!

Crafting has never looked this good! Contact me to get yours today.

Paper Pumpkin Is Here!