Sweet Silhouettes Go In The Direction Of Your Dreams

by Joanne James27. July 2020 07:00

Happy Monday everyone! It's the start of a new week and I am here with a card using some 'oldie but goodie' products from the annual catalogue for a couple of challenges:

Tic-Tac-Toe Challenge

I went down the centre of The Paper Craft Crew's TicTacToe board - watercolour background, favourite colour (Melon Mambo Pink), Anything But Floral - and whilst I don't have any fairground-related stamps, was totally inspired by those pink swings in the Just Us Girls photo - take a look:

Sweet Silhouettes - I diecut a tree using my Sweet Silhouettes Dies for the uppermost layer on my card and cut it first so that I could check my positioning even though I added it last. I snipped a small branch off the left hand side in order to enable my card to still fit in a standard envelope when complete.

In The Pink - Melon Mambo is one of my favourite pink colours and I thought it would be the perfect colour for a feminine, watercoloured background behind my swinging girl. I also added a touch of Magenta Madness to the top of the panel to emphasise the ombre effect of my panel and used a Melon Mambo card base. Once my watercoloured panel was dry, I spritzed it liberally with shimmer spray; it's difficult to see on the main photo but give this card such a beautiful lustre - you can see it a little better on the image below:

Silhouette Scenes - To compliment my pink background, I used my Stamparatus to add a well-inked stamp of the young girl on her swing. I stamped it a few times to get a good solid image; the slight flecking is due to the texture of the watercolour paper which prevents a truly solid print being achieved. I also stamped a suitable sentiment from the same set below and added a few sequins to further compliment the pink.

This card is heading to a valued member of my team who is constantly striving and reaching for bigger and better things - I hope she likes it!

Enjoy your day; I have an online class today amongst other things so today will be a busy one! I'll be back tomorrow with another project. Until then, happy stampin'!

Tags: , , , , ,

Cards | Shop Online | Shop Stampin' Up! Online | Stamping

Vicky
VickyUnited Kingdom
7/27/2020 1:26:11 PM #

Oh this is so, so beautiful Joanne! I'm a huge fan of an ombré watercoloured panel and I adore the die cut tree bursting out of frame, and stamped girl on a swing. Have fun with your class Smile
Vicky x

kimberly skinner
kimberly skinnerUnited States
7/27/2020 9:40:23 PM #

Fabulous card!!  I love how you combined the two challenges.  Your details are wonderful! Thank you for joining the Paper Craft Crew this week!

Jan Clothier
Jan ClothierNew Zealand
7/27/2020 11:35:30 PM #

Very pretty! I like a silhouette card - but didn't get this set ... go figure! I think that the watercolour background is the thing that really elevates this card.

Jan Musselman
Jan MusselmanUnited States
7/29/2020 2:28:11 AM #

Pretty in Pink! lovely card Joanne. Thanks for joining the Paper Craft Crew this week!

Lisa Kind
Lisa KindUnited States
7/29/2020 5:27:10 PM #

Your card is adorable, and I love how you were inspired by our photo!  Thanks for playing with Just Us Girls!

Ina Grehan
Ina GrehanAustralia
7/30/2020 1:58:25 AM #

As soon as I saw your card I thought of an old Gerry & the Pacemakers singing the Girl on a Swing song. Showing my age here. Love your take on the photo Joanne. Love the soft blending of the pink here. Thanks for sharing with us at Just Us Girls this week.

Autumn Winter Catalogue

Current August hostess code:

CVAQTGE2

Spend Your Bonus Day Coupons!

Spend your £4.50 vouchers earned in July on your Stampin' Up! purchases before 31st August.

Paper Pumpkin Is Coming!